Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand, a few questions.

Options
  • 09-08-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey, I'm about to order for the first time from the site and just have a few questions to those that have used it before. First is the personal info page and the delivery address, there no space to put the county in and it also asks for a house number and won't let you go to the next page without it and it's kinda hard for me to fill that out since I live in the middle of no were, the second thing is the payment, whats the story with it? all I can see is money coupons things, so how do I pay them lol?
    Thanks for your time those who answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well I can't remember what I did for the address but for payment ye print off the info they give you when you order the parts. It consists of account numbers and stuff like that. You have to go to a bank and transfer the money to their account along with a reference number for your purchase.

I dealt with them a while back and had no problems whatsoever.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You have to pay them via bank transfer. Just put the county as part of your address and put 0 for the house number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

For the address put in anything that looks remotly right and once they have your phone number the driver will phone you to get better directions.

The payment is done by international bank transfer. If you've never done it before you'll have to go down to the bank but after that you'll get a card with a heap of numbers on it so you can do it online. (That's for AIB anyway, presume it's the same for the rest).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

I've been looking at them also and was very impressed by their prices. However, I'm not entirely confident about a company that takes international orders but doesn't accept paypal or credit card payment as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Its part of keeping their prices so low. Paypal take a cut out of the sellers money, as do credit card companys

E.g:

You pay them €100 by credit card, mastercard will take 2-3% of this so they only receive €97

So to actually get €100 for their goods they would have to charge €104 if paying by CC

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

JulesInKy wrote: »
    I've been looking at them also and was very impressed by their prices. However, I'm not entirely confident about a company that takes international orders but doesn't accept paypal or credit card payment as an option.
    I'd be exactly the same and would think it could be a scam but people here have bought and recieved their goods so it's ok in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Again, I had no problems with them and the amount of people on here that have used them should be evidence enough that they aren't a bunch of bandits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Curlsz

Thanks for the replys, have been looking through this forum and saw a lot of people posing what they have in mind and people giving there opinions, I put this together for under 400 euro, does not have to be a super machine will only be used for WoW, once it's better then my current machine I don't care, I'm using a old Zeon a friend was running a server off with a GeForce 4, have managed to hold a steady 20-25 FPS every were with it. So what you think of it?

ArticleAvailabilityPrice per unitQuantityPrice ATX-Netzteil Xilence Power 550 Watt / SPS-XP550.(12)
    The price includes VAT and excludes shipping costs
    ready for dispatch29,21 € 129,21 € LG GH20N bare schwarz
    ready for dispatch19,89 € 119,89 € 2048MB DDR2 Corsair Valueselect CL 5, PC5400/667
    ready for dispatch29,68 € 129,68 € Club3D 9600GT, 512MB, NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT, PCI-Express
    ready for dispatch87,67 € 187,67 € Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G, Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express
    ready for dispatch54,96 € 154,96 € Scythe Ninja Mini Sockel 478,775,754,939,940
    ready for dispatch25,06 € 125,06 € A+case Qubic 3010 schwarz ohne Netzteil
    ready for dispatch from 2008-08-1131,22 € 131,22 € Excelstore ESJ9250C 250GB IDE
    ready for dispatch31,70 € 131,70 € Intel Pentium Dualcore E2180 "Tray", LGA775
    ready for dispatch43,89 € 143,89 € Sum: 353,28 € [FONT=Verdana, Arial]1)[/FONT]
    When put together will it all work? And lastly, on average how long does the delivery take lets say if I pay in the bank Monday morning.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭JulesInKy

Each to their own. However, there are also negative reviews/experiences with the company on boards (but don't we all have some horror stories when dealing with retailers?)

I solved the confidence problem easily though...printed up specs of components I want to buy for new build from both Dabs and Hardwareversand and took it to my local independent, told them if they could match the price (allowing for delivery costs to be their wiggle room) that I'd buy from them. Worked out for me :D

p.s. What is the process when buying with bank transfer? Are goods covered in the same way as with PP or CC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

i dont know about the goods being covered but in my experience HW are a very good company to deal with , their RMA involves Printing out a sheet , filling it out and sending it back , if it is a large heavy item that would cost allot to ship they'll even arrange a DHL pick up.

Those specs look really good it will surely work

pay monday , depending on bank they will get the funds in 3 or 4 days maybe 5 , then it will take another 4 or 5 days to ship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Curlsz

Hey, I'm getting paid tomorow at 1 so heading to the bank then and ordering it I've changed a few things, can anyone tell me that 100% these bits will work with each other, not looking for a super machine as i said it's only for WoW and CS, thanks there the stuff.

Intel Pentium Dualcore E2200 "Box", LGA775 56,98 €
    PCI Case Zirco silber, ATX, ohne Netzteil 38,24 €
    ATX-Netzteil Xilence Power 550 Watt / SPS-XP550.(12) 29,21 €
    LG GH20N bare schwarz 19,89 €
    Club3D 9600GT, 512MB, NVIDIA Geforce 9600GT, PCI-Express 85,87 €
    Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G, Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express 56,78 €
    Excelstore ESJ9250C 250GB IDE 31,89 €
    2048MB-Kit OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Platinum Revision 2 Dual Channel, CL4 32,70 €
    XilencePower CPU-Kühler LGA775 mit Heatpipe 14,89 €

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

JulesInKy wrote: »
    I solved the confidence problem easily though...printed up specs of components I want to buy for new build from both Dabs and Hardwareversand and took it to my local independent, told them if they could match the price (allowing for delivery costs to be their wiggle room) that I'd buy from them. Worked out for me :D
    You still have a local independant:eek: Where can I find such a mystical creature?

Advertisement