Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Any fans of the American band LIVE here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

o man they a great band. i'v got there awake(best of). love all there songs. overcome is one of favourite.would like to see them live. wouldn't of heard of them only for a friend that used to work with me came into work one day for a chat and told me she had a cd that i would like. trowing copper was the cd really good. the lead singer sounds like the guy from peral jam.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

I don't know if i'd agree that Ed Kowalczyk sounds like Eddie Vedder!! But I'm glad you think they are good :) I've always wanted to see LIVE live aswell. They played in Landsdowne Road supporting Bon Jovi in 2003 I think, but now the closest they come to Ireland is Amsterdam :( . I'd go see them if htey were in England maybe :p

Oh and if there is one thing I have to say about LIVE -
    I had Throwing Copper for years but only really got into them because of the greatest hits, and as good as the greatest is, i found i loved ALL of the songs on their two albums The Distance to Here and Birds of Pray. They are remarkable albums. Check them out :)

So anymore Fans???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Good band alright although all I've really heard from them is the excellent 'Throwing Copper' album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Alex Kidd

I'm suprised more people haven't heard of them, they should be more popular than they are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 137 ✭✭Pi^2

I'm suprised more people haven't heard of them, they should be more popular than they are.

I couldn't agree more. But they are a difficult band to discover from Ireland I think. I reckon LIVE could have loads of potential Irish fans if they were promoted a bit more and I think they could sell out a medium size venue in Dublin if they promoted it sufficiently also. Or I'd even go to see them supporting some other band...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

I absolutely adored that band back in the day...

Throwing Copper is one of my favourite records ever.I love that hidden track at the end.

Secret Samadhi and Distance To Here were also very good but V was an absolute horror.The quality of most bands music might drift off gradually but Live's work took a complete nosedive for some reason.
    V,Birds of Prey and Songs From Black Mountain might as well be from a different band.It could be mistaken for The Calling or Creed or some other bland American garbage.

It's a real shame.They had something special...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

saw em at a festival in france back in '97. pretty good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I loved Live when I was younger.
    Havent followed them after Secret Samahdi though, and by the sound of it, its probably for the best.
    Lightning Crashes is a classic.

However "I Alone" is by far their best work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Got into them when Throwing Copper came out. Lightning Crashes is indeed a stone cold classic. The Distance To Here is also an excellent album, but I found Songs From Black Mountain hard to get into.

I'd recommend Awake as a good starting point, the accompanying DVD is very good too, especially for the video that goes with Overcome and the track they did with Shelby Lynne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Meh. Throw on any of the rock stations in the US and you'll hear a whole playlist of bands that sound exactly like this.

It all sounds a bit clenched fist, I need you girl, dramatic pause to me.

American love this music because they like to think about their girlfriend,the american flag and jet fighters while listening to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

kevpants wrote: »
    American love this music because they like to think about their girlfriend,the american flag and jet fighters while listening to it.

I know what you mean :pac:

They weren't always like that though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

kevpants wrote: »

American love this music because they like to think about their girlfriend,the american flag and jet fighters and big macs while listening to it.

Fixed that for ya there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Well I liked that song 'overcome' when I heard it on The Shield..!

• Moderators Posts: 51,840 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Really liked them during throwing copper + secret samadhi phase of their career. Not too bothered about their music since then.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

not a fan, but i love this song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

Throwing Copper and Secret Samadhi. Fine albums indeed. Went right off them when I heard that 'Heaven' song though. Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I Alone is a classic.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Their MTV Unplugged gig was excellent , certainly one of the better ones in the series, think I still have it on video!:D

Advertisement