Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Heavy Metal from Botswana?

• 09-08-2008 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

They're a band called "Wrust". Not a bad song at all, kinda reminds me of early Sepultura. I always love hearing metal bands from around the world, especially from places you don't normally occosiate with metal. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

prolly wrong but I think I hear some african rhythms where it goes into the 3 beat section or something to that effect in the verses which is nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Not too bad, but if your interested in metal from unusual countries check out this site:
    http://www.metalmap.org/

It's a fairly solid list of bands from all over europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is it just me or is the bass pretty much missing from that song ?? Might be my speakers are ****ed too though :P .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

occosiate
    That's a great word. I reckon it would fit into a metal band/album name really well "Occosiate The Insane" or "Occosiate Incarnate" or something :).
    Is it just me or is the bass pretty much missing from that song ?? Might be my speakers are ****ed too though :P .
    There's definitely bass there but it probably could do with being a little more pronounced in the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

theres a band from Iraq called 'Accrusidia' or something like that. They played on top of a hotel in the middle of Baghdad the night gulf war 2 started, mentallers.

Theres 'Aggro' from South Africa, they're a bit sh1t to be honest.

During the 80s Nigeria started to export more and more oil, this meant more countries were sending more diplomatic staff to the country in order to strenghten trade links. The kids of these diplomats started their own metal scene! I read about it in the 'Bang your head' book- but havent heard anything about it since.

Metal is the most multicultural of all rock music types.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Treebeard

Seeing this thread reminded me of another Botswana death metal band Crackdust

www.crackdust.com/

They seem pretty decent

Advertisement