Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning to play the Fiddle

• 09-08-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just back from a few days relaxing in a small village by the sea in Donegal.

I have always enjoyed Irish music and it has been further enhanced by listening to locals play various instrument's in the pubs up there - tin whistle,fiddle,banjo etc.

Just wondering how hard (or easy) is it to learn to play the fiddle?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

Playing the fiddle is very hard but don't fret it is very fun. I've been playing for on and off, mostly off, for a while and still am not that good. If you want to learn i'd say go for it but just remember its harder to play(at the beginning at least) than say piano or guitar. Its easy enough to make a good sound on them but if you buy a fiddle prepare to hear screeches, they will fade out if you practice though. Go to a website called fiddle forum, its a good place for info

• Registered Users Posts: 19 me!

when it comes to learning new instruments my theory is does it really matter how easy or difficult it is once you want to do it and enjoy doing it?????? to be honest fiddle is quite difficult at the beginning, especially if your ear isn't that great but practice makes perfect! it's about the same level of difficulty as any other instrument once you begin to get the hang of it. go for it!!!!! the worst thing that you can do is regret never trying! good luck:):)

Advertisement