Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visitors to profile question

Options
  • 09-08-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

So I can check out other user's profiles and see who visited them, but on my own profile it tells me how many people visited it but not who. Is that how it should be, or have I unclicked something I shouldn't have? Had a poke through my settings etc but can't see anything about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If people have their online status set to invisible it won't show up if they visit your profile (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

tribulus wrote: »
    If people have their online status set to invisible it won't show up if they visit your profile (I think).

Correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

That means 18 invisible people, and not one visible have visited. What are the chances? That sounds odd indeed :confused: any further thoughts dudes?

edit: oh just noticed you're a mod BrynW, I presume this means you're infallible so shall go with your answer & start going invisible like my fellow users :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Any one not logged in will also register as a view.

yeah & I'd understand not seeing a name for them, but I thought for registered users, it'd come up. Any stats on how many users go invisible? I dont see the point in it really, though I am relatively new at this :o

• Advertisement

rhapsody wrote: »
    yeah & I'd understand not seeing a name for them, but I thought for registered users, it'd come up. Any stats on how many users go invisible? I dont see the point in it really, though I am relatively new at this :o

If you have 18 views, they might be all from 1 invisible person!!!

rhapsody wrote: »

Because then you can follow people like BrynW around on boards and he'll be none the wiser :pac:

Because then you can follow people like BrynW around on boards and he'll be none the wiser :pac:

And why would you want to follow me around?! :p

BrynW wrote: »
    And why would you want to follow me around?! :p

No reason *whistles*

I guess it's just a method of "privacy" rhapsody really.

No reason *whistles*

You have me feeling very paranoid right now :pac:

• Advertisement

No reason *whistles*

I guess it's just a method of "privacy" rhapsody really.

indeed. will try following BrynW around so & see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion :D

just reread the above and am now wondering who my invisible stalker is... what a strange place this is :rolleyes:

Advertisement