Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly hauntings?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yup there was a 'Knocknararra Stalker' - I'm not going to mention his name but he had an awful hard last few years in school, his younger brother used to get slagged about it the whole time too.

He went to the Bish I think. I didn't go there but knew people who did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Yup there was a 'Knocknararra Stalker' - I'm not going to mention his name but he had an awful hard last few years in school, his younger brother used to get slagged about it the whole time too.

He went to the Bish I think. I didn't go there but knew people who did

Aye, he was only a young fella in the end 16/18 if i remember correctly.He was lucky the guards got to him first, plenty of vigilantes in the area wanted to do serious damage.

padi89 wrote: »
    Aye, he was only a young fella in the end 16/18 if i remember correctly.He was lucky the guards got to him first, plenty of vigilantes in the area wanted to do serious damage.

Yup, and I wouldn't blame them tbh... what a fcuked up thing to do :confused:

The lads name is tarnished in his age group forever tbh. Don't know if he's still around Galway or what, best thing he could do is move away from town tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

ya about the house in corrib park, my parents know the owners very well and i have been in the house twice, during the time of the occourances the family were overwhelmed but i hav'nt heard any going on's recently! (please don't correct my spelling)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

what sort of goings on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 stevendcarroll

what sort of goings on?

none, "i hav'NT heard"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yup, and I wouldn't blame them tbh... what a fcuked up thing to do :confused:

The lads name is tarnished in his age group forever tbh. Don't know if he's still around Galway or what, best thing he could do is move away from town tbh

Yeah and do his stalking in some other town:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Re Oranmore haunted house, heard at one stage that it was built over an underground stream, which meant odd noises were heard at night. My school playground was out that direction and 1 girl had a few stories about it, but they could easily have been rehashed bits from a 1970s horror flick. Thought the underground stream had a bit of credibility to it, tho

yep. I was actually in that house as a wee guy before it was bricked up. It was obviously deserted but it was built on an underground stream or tributary coming from the bay. I think it was deserted for structural reasons more than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Old Spanish Arch Bar was reputed to be haunted about the 1950's. Knew a man who had worked there. Stories of doors that could not be opened by all usual means and then swung open by themselves. Stories of people being hit from behind and looking around to find room entry. Probably a poltergeist.

nuac wrote: »
    Stories of people being hit from behind and looking around to find room entry. Probably a poltergeist.

.... or Knacker Dwarf

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

nuac wrote: »
    Old Spanish Arch Bar was reputed to be haunted about the 1950's. Knew a man who had worked there. Stories of doors that could not be opened by all usual means and then swung open by themselves. Stories of people being hit from behind and looking around to find room entry. Probably a poltergeist.

Where's the Old Spanish Arch Bar. Do you mean some of the buildings that were demolished to make way for that Portmore yoke and the road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

someone seriously needs too round all the stories up, and do a ghost walk around galway
    there big business in london with jack the ripper and such, would be a laugh even if it wasnt a money spinner, and do it on a full moon night when the bats are out over the corrib LOL.. loving all the stories though xx c

someone seriously needs too round all the stories up, and do a ghost walk around galway
    there big business in london with jack the ripper and such, would be a laugh even if it wasnt a money spinner, and do it on a full moon night when the bats are out over the corrib LOL.. loving all the stories though xx c

I agree, for the craic more than anything though.

Difference between London and here, is that London has true historical facts, Galway has a loads of Boardsies telling stories :D But yeah, excellent idea and i'd be for up for it... it'd about the only time i'd be caught in public with ye geeks :pac: (joke joke joke)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

I agree, for the craic more than anything though.

Difference between London and here, is that London has true historical facts, Galway has a loads of Boardsies telling stories :D But yeah, excellent idea and i'd be for up for it... it'd about the only time i'd be caught in public with ye geeks :pac: (joke joke joke)

yeah but without the stuck up type history its more of a laugh!! lol
    i think it adds too the fun and the is it/ or isnt it true!! level without scores of actual facts, would love to do this, it would be amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Over the summer I got a brochure about a walking tour called "Gore of Galway" ... 4pm Sundays from the Tourist info office. "This 1.5 hour walking tour concentrates on tales of murder, beheadings, hangings, drownings, miscarriges of justice ... and more murders" 8-euro. mail orlaforde@hotmail.com

No idea if they get into ghosts though, of if it's still happening ...

Ah it needs to be at night, and the punters need to be drunk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ghosthunter52

Yes I remember, it was 225 corrib park

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Lord almighty, that was some zombie thread resurrection! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

y5av0.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement