Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 Maps - roads disappearing

• 10-08-2008 1:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭

I upgraded to nokia maps 2.0 recently and reinstalled my maps. Then I started to notice that some directions were different than before, not significantly though. However I took a trip up to Dongeal and lo and behold, the Castleblaney bypass has completely disappeared. Previously I found it amusing that it was actually part of the routing before it was actually built but to have road there and then suddenly it doesn't exist any more!!!

So I'm wondering how can this be and have come up with the following theories:

1) I just imagined driving on the bypass
    2) My N95 is stuck in some sort of timewarp where it used to have maps from the future
    3) The latest maps downloaded are Navteq whereas they used to be Teleatlas (who have the bypass) .

Edit - just found out why: http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/02/eu-approves-nokias-acquisition-of-tele-atlas-no-one-surprised/

Advertisement