Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to buy 1200 MS points?

• 10-08-2008 3:33am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

So I've never bought any points before, and want 1200 to buy Braid.

I haven't a clue about the different ways to buy them, so it'd be cool is someone would tell me where's the best place?

Can you get them cheap on ebay like a gold subscription?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Unlike the gold subs, I haven't seen the points cheaper anywhere. The easiest is to just add your credit card details to your profile and buy them when you need them directly on the 360. This is what I do, no having to go online to buy them or going down to the shops to get them. Quick and easy.

Just on a side note, has anyone read the T&C's for the Summer XBLA giveaway where you can win consoles, points and subs. In it they declare the value of the golds subs at €32, which incidentally is the price the sellers on ebay are selling them at. Wonder why MS is charging €60 for them through your profile :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's all economics, us Irish can afford to pay a premium for such services whereas in less well off countries, Microsoft can't charge as much and some entrepreneurial sellers are buying in bulk in these countries and selling them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've been looking to get some points too for Braid, N+ etc.

It's €6/500 points through the 360 or xbox.com - multiples of 500 are only available (i.e. you can't get exactly 1200 points). Works out at €1.20 per 100 points.

You can get 2100 or 4200 point cards from retailers. They can vary slightly depending on where you get them (online, offline, UK etc.) - I've seen 4200 for £35 (~€45) in GameStop in Newry, and €60 in Smyths down here, so it can vary greatly. Play.com are currently €46.49 (4200) or €23.99 (2100), but are out of stock of 4200. That makes GameStop 83p/100 points (~€1.06/100); Smyths €1.43/100 points; Play €1.11/100 points (4200), €1.14/100 points (2100).

If you go the eBay route, then make sure you get points that can be used on European consoles - US ones won't work.

So, based on what I've seen, Newry is the cheapest, following by Play, followed by Microsoft directly. All depends on if you're willing to travel or how quickly you need them. There are a few sites willing to email codes, but I don't have them to hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good post, Rob...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Mr E wrote: »
    Good post, Rob...
    :)

If someone's seen them cheaper, or a good deal somewhere, hopefully they'll post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I get mine off ebay. Some sellers will email the code instantly. I would post links to sellers I've used but my console is US registered so the codes won't work on European consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Anyone got any recommend sellers on Ebay of european points?

Or anyone other sites that email you the codes instantly, definiteplay.com hasn't any in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Zavvi.co.uk have them for £15 (about €18.60) which is one of the cheapest I've seen but if you've ordered from them before, they chaarge you £2 for delivery. Tesco.co.uk have them for £13.49 but I am unsure if they delivder to Ireland. There is a website called entertainment-hub.co.uk which have them for £15.49 and they email you the code but I'm not sure if they are legit.

Edit: The prices I have listed above are for 2100 points, not 1200 points like in the title of the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's all economics, us Irish can afford to pay a premium for such services whereas in less well off countries, Microsoft can't charge as much and some entrepreneurial sellers are buying in bulk in these countries and selling them on.

its called price discrimination,did econmics for 3 years:)

Advertisement