Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest diesel in galway

Options
  • 10-08-2008 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

hey, just wondering should we start a thread about cheapest diesel, petrol prices in and around galway??
    cheapest ive seen is in hogans tonight 1.40..........(diesel)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I doubt ya will find a better price, unless ya go out of Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Think there is a place in Claregalway does it for 137.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

The filling station in Claregalway has never been cheap, maybe that's changed.

Other than that, the old filling station on the Headford road, Galway side of Ballindooly crossrads, has re-opened and that has diesel at 138.9.

Typical how prices seem to much slower to drop when oil prices have reduced compared to when the opposite happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

MayoForSam wrote: »
    The filling station in Claregalway has never been cheap, maybe that's changed.

Other than that, the old filling station on the Headford road, Galway side of Ballindooly crossrads, has re-opened and that has diesel at 138.9.

Typical how prices seem to much slower to drop when oil prices have reduced compared to when the opposite happens.
    last time i passed through claregalway it was 1.49,
    ballindooley reopened!!! surely it would take a while for it to be clean or would they have flushed out the pipes....
    another case of good old rip off ireland regards fuel prices i say...

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Cheapest diesel in Galway is Corrib Oil on the Tuam road, drive in round the back...or the station in Turlough Mór village...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

kippy wrote: »
    Think there is a place in Claregalway does it for 137.9

I think you might find that's the price of his unleaded, his diesel is closer to 1.50.
    Hotwheels wrote: »
    Cheapest diesel in Galway is Corrib Oil on the Tuam road, drive in round the back...or the station in Turlough Mór village...
    Yep +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sorry lads, I stand corrected.
    The price was indeed for Petrol.
    I rarely buy diesel or petrol in Galway as its generally very expensive. Ballindine on the Mayo border has three stations within close proximity that offer it at less than 136 and are generally the cheapest. Granted its a long way from Galway but I tend to pass through it a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

The garage opposite the airport in Carnmore is usually one of the 'cheapest' around

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Try www.pumps.ie. Easier to keep track of your local stations. I've about ten on my watchlist.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Fahy's in Turloughmore, Diesel 129.9 & Unleaded 127.9. Cheapest I've seen in a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭WallysWorld

Im going to highjack this thread a little bit, whats the cheapest company in Galway for heating oil? Ive heard Galway Oil is cheapish but apart from that I dont know.

Advertisement