Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much should bulb replacements cost?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

The last time I got a light replaced in my van, I was charged €1 :D is this the going rate or should I be looking to pay €10 or so in some places?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You mean how much does it cot tobuy a bulb? Surely your not leaving it in to a garage for a bulb change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

cormie wrote: »
    The last time I got a light replaced in my van, I was charged €1 :D is this the going rate or should I be looking to pay €10 or so in some places?

are you talking about a bulb or a light fitting ???????#

size etc ?

your post is like asking how long is a piece of string

how do you expect to a sensible answer to such a vague query?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yes, just a bulb :) I need to buy a bulb too you see and the closest place that'd have one for sale is a garage. It's for a 02 Ford Transit by the way. Headlight bulb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Halfords is probably your best bet on a Sunday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Stay away from Halford's for bulbs unless you are really stuck. A headlight bulb which cost me €4.00 at my local motor factors, was priced at €11.00 when I had a look in Halfords. Needless to say I did not purchase the bulb in Halford's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

cormie wrote: »
    Yes, just a bulb :) I need to buy a bulb too you see and the closest place that'd have one for sale is a garage. It's for a 02 Ford Transit by the way. Headlight bulb :)

Depends on the bulb you buy. Like everything else you can go budget or premium. Only you can decide how much you want to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah I don't need to go today so I can wait till tomorrow :) But would a garage tend to charge a lot more than a typical motor factors?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why not ring them and ask?

Advertisement