Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female shooting competitors

Options
  • 10-08-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm looking for some help.

I'm trying to find females who compete in shooting in ireland who are achieving a lot in the sport; dedicating themselves, winning tournaments, particularly mixed male and female tournaments.

Would anybody have any leads for me?

Thank you for anything you might think of that could put me on the right track!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Very doable:

DSCF4778a.JPG

DSCF4674.JPG

Is this tied to the Women in Sport stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spdoco

thanks for that. do you have an email address? or how do i pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Sparks

When you say

"Very doable"

.......??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I assume Readily available information in relation to the topic

On the Clay pigeon front there is a few contact ICPSA

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

dresden8 wrote: »
    Sparks
    When you say
    "Very doable"
    .......??????
    Har-har :)
    What cavan said it meant, we have a lot of women in the sport who're achieving competitive results.

spdoco, if you email secretary@wilkinstowntargetshootingclub.org that'll reach me; or you can click on the username "Sparks" to the left there and that'll give you either the profile page (click on Contact details if so) or a menu that'll have "send private message" on it. Any of those should do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Sparks has given you info on juniors; if all age groups are eligible, Miss Aiken in the North has done Commonwealth games and regularly beats everyone bar a few up here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Or there's Rhona Barry who represented Ireland for many years in Air Rifle, reaching the Olympic Games in 1996. Rhona has now turned to smallbore rifle and is putting in very competitive scores.

Ciara Walsh, another air rifle shooter who has also taken up smallbore tilfle in the UK where where now lives.

We also have lady pistol shooters coming through, although at this early stage in the development of the sport it's hard to say how far they can go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spdoco

thanks guys for all your help!

Advertisement