Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with female competitors

Options
  • 10-08-2008 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm looking for some help.

I'm trying to find up and coming female jockeys/show jumpbers etc. in ireland who are achieving a lot in the sport; dedicating themselves, winning tournaments, particularly mixed male and female tournaments.

Would anybody have any leads for me?

Thank you for anything you might think of that could put me on the right track!
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Nina Carberry (racing)

Jessica Kuerten (showjumping)

How many do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spdoco

thanks for that. . . . just trying to get an idea of who is out there so anything that comes to mind would be very useful. thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's quite a few from racing that I can name from the top of my head; as fits mentioned there's Nina Carberry, who's undoubtedly the best amateur rider at the moment. Then there's also Katie Walsh. If you look at point-to-pointing there are also quite a few such as Clare McMahon and Liz Doyle, in addition to the huge number of countless other girls who are point-to-pointing too. Take a look at the Irish Field Directory to have a look at the large number of girls who have amateur licences, while p2p.ie or irish-racing.com will give you the resutls of each rider. If you look to the flat there's Cathy Gannon who was top apprentice recently.

If you're looking at showjumping you only need to take a look at the results from the national Grand Prix circuit to see how many girls are competing at the top level. The results should be on the sjai website: http://sjai.ie/

You've no problems getting equal participation in equestian sports; it's one of the few sports in which men and women compete equally. Even mares and geldings/colts compete equally.

Is this just out of interest or are you planning to do research, etc. on the topic.

thanks convert. . . . yep, working on some research, do you have an email i could pick your brains a little more through? . . . Assuming you wouldn't mind of course!

spdoco - I notice that you have posted the same post all over boards.

Please post the reason why you are looking for this as otherwise it will be seen as spam in the eyes of the admins and Smods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Just PM'd you

hi zaraba
    i'm just doing some research around women competitors but in different sports fields which is why i re-posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Whats the research for?

Advertisement