Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin screen repair?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

My 4 day old Garmin Nuvi 200 has a cracked screen (no idea how).
    Halfords wash their hands of it, and so Garmin have not replied to email.
    Does anyone know how best to organise repair?
    Is it likely to be economic or should I just bin it?
    Any suggestions appreciated,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

When you say no idea how, do you think you caused it yourself? If so, how sensitive do you reckon it must be? I just bought a nuvi 760 and have kept it in my pocket a good bit nearly sitting on it and it knocking against my phone and everything. My Airis T920A doesn't work anymore because I Think some water got in the touchscreen. It's in the hotpress ans showing no signs of drying up really for the past few days. Hopefully it'll be ok and I can use it as a backup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Gary Toolan

I obviously caused it somehow, but have no recollection of what - I left car, put it in my pocket, and when I returned, the screen was all "splodgy" and 3/4 of its area was white. I'm pretty p****d off, 'cos my palm/Sony Clie has been in and out of my pocket/briefcase/toolbox for the last 8 years with no problems.
    I have to assume that its an inherent problem - I'll try TT next time, but NOT from Halfords!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I got my Nuvi 760 from Elara.ie, great value and service, a lot cheaper than competitors and you can collect too which is handy, if you order before 1pm, it's likely to be ready for collection the next day in Park West, Dublin :) I was asking a brick and mortar shop if they could match the price of Elara and they said that the price I got from Elara, is cheaper than they buy it for themselves :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

My 4 day old Garmin Nuvi 200 has a cracked screen (no idea how).
    Halfords wash their hands of it, and so Garmin have not replied to email.
    Does anyone know how best to organise repair?
    Is it likely to be economic or should I just bin it?
    Any suggestions appreciated,

Don't bother emailing Garmin just call their U.K phone number. The screen as cormie said is very strong and it will take quite a beating. Not sure what they will do for you but it is worth a try. To be fair to Halfords there is not much they can do with a cracked screen.

We got an Asus notebook replaced with a cracked screen before... so it depends on the manufacturer and what mood the person is like on the other side of the phone.

Advertisement