Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

maybe a stupid question regarding a masters

• 10-08-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭

I thought i read a post about master fees being paid for if you have taken a year out after your ba and are over 23. I looked around but couldn't find it again :(

I did a ba ordinary degree in ireland then brought it up to honours in the uk. I'm 24 and would like to do masters september 09 but the cost is a factor.

any help?

Comments

ronano wrote: »
    I thought i read a post about master fees being paid for if you have taken a year out after your ba and are over 23. I looked around but couldn't find it again :(

I did a ba ordinary degree in ireland then brought it up to honours in the uk. I'm 24 and would like to do masters september 09 but the cost is a factor.

any help?

If you're eligible for a grant you get your fees paid for you (assuming it's in Ireland). So the post before was talking about how you can take a year out between your undergraduate course (I assume this would mean up 'til the end of your honours degree) and your postgraduate course in order for the Council/VEC to see you as independent, if you meet the other criteria and weren't independent before. So if you don't take a year out, you're (ridiculously) seen by the Council to be 'continuing' your education and thus your circumstances from your first year in college is taken into account.

However, I'm not sure about the fact you went abroad to get the honours degree whether that would help somewhat, and really the Council/VEC would be able to answer your question better than I could :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

thank you for your reply myth

your posts on the forum have been amazing,if you're ever at boards beers i'd buy you a pint

Advertisement