Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread , Community Shield.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote: »
    Definate penalty on Tevez there. Ref completely bottled it, no way he did not see that.
    Tevez could easily have gotten sent off for that.

Giggs is just so incredibly wasteful these days.

and shows how little faith Fergie has in Campbell to offer anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ouch, that was a dangerous tackle on brown there

campbell is on for nani

why cant he take giggs off i mean ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

If Campbell really wants to make an impression on Fergie, he's actually gotta score in one of these next 2-3 sub appearances, maybe even twice. Gona be very very tough on him to break through, but he looks up for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

kryogen wrote: »
    ouch, that was a dangerous tackle on brown there

campbell is on for nani

why cant he take giggs off i mean ffs
    Giggs needs 90 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Yeah but he needs 90 minutes and is on the way out. Campbell needs 90 minutes and is on the way up, I think he could probably do with it more than giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

today shows just how badly United need a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

VDS v JAMES
    This could be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Seriously, what's with the faces on the Pompey fans when Diarra missed? You'd swear it was a meaningful cup final.

This match is turning into more of a farce every year. It really is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

LOL awful Pompey peno's

• Advertisement

what an awful penalty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

United win. Not worth much but always nice to start the season with some silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Lol, pompey suck with Penos :).

Charity Shield in the bag, first honour of the season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Tevez was fantastic, not for the first time pre-season. He could top last season with a good summer under his belt.

Though having said that, another thing to come out of the match was the need for a new striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Abolish that match. Please. Turned it off half way through and put on the Hurling.

Dreadful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I loved the bit when it showed the players after Johnsen missed and Tevez seemed the only one who cared :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Hardly silverware, Dreadful match and United better hope Ronaldo and Rooney have good seasons!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Unearthly wrote: »
    I loved the bit when it showed the players after Johnsen missed and Tevez seemed the only one who cared :D

That was very funny indeed. He thought it was a real trophy :)

Fine from United. Very good performance by the defence and the central midfield, after that there wasn't much going forward. Basically perfect bar the final third. Rooney is needed against Newcastle, or another striker, or it'll be very very tough.

1/7 trophies availible this season so far, only 6 more to go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,710 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If ever a United game highlighted the need for something up front, any sort of striker in there today and it would have reached 4 or 5 nil.

Nani ran Johnson ragged, good signs.

Also Anderson scored for Brazil today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

PHB wrote: »
    That was very funny indeed. He thought it was a real trophy :)

Fine from United. Very good performance by the defence and the central midfield, after that there wasn't much going forward. Basically perfect bar the final third. Rooney is needed against Newcastle, or another striker, or it'll be very very tough.

1/7 trophies available this season so far, only 6 more to go :)
    Id agree with that.

Thought Tevez, Nani and Fletcher were our best players today. Defence also looked very soild, although they didnt have alot to do. Was very disappointed to see O'Shea playing midfield, it just seems so pointless, he isnt a midfielder (some might say he isnt a footballer :P), i thought it would have been the perfect opportunity to give a guy like Possebon a run out at Wembley against decent opposition and see how he does. Overall I was happy with the performance and now hopefully a deal for a striker will sewn up this week.

surprised that a striker who did not manage to score got the MoM. Nani should have been in with a shout I felt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

SantryRed wrote: »
    Abolish that match. Please. Turned it off half way through and put on the Hurling.

Dreadful game.

/yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Thought it was a good game for United. Lots of positives to be taken, and the team looked really good. Tevez was absolutely immense as ever, and Nani tore Johnson apart. Distin is quality though. I thought Vidic looked knackered in the 2nd half, even though he had relatively little to do... If we had a goalscorer up front then it would have been a very easy win.

Advertisement