Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Triple H or John Cena?

• 10-08-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Triple H is arguebly the most successful and the most celebrated WWE superstars thorughout his career. He has indeed wrestle many great superstars include mankind, stonecold, the rock, Kurt angle, big show, shawn michaels, John Cena and others. He is a multi time WWE champion and he always get great response when he come out to ring with entrance music wheter fans hate him or not. Great wrestling ring ability and can defeat anyone.

John Cena brings in a new taste to the WWE by doing the rapping style and put the new type of passsion into the WWE. An incredible Young talent and great in the mic. Former Smackdown star jumps and make significant impact on WWE Raw and he can hold WWE title longer than anyone can. People questions his wrestling ability and sometimes he get the booes from the crowd. He his an idol on WWE and a crowd favourite.

Which Superstar do you think is the best overall? DIscuss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,374 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Best how? There are so many different criteria by which to base a professional wrestler's talent.

HHH, in a purely technical sense, his ability to create a story in the ring, his range of moves is imo one of the greatest ever. He thrived as the top heel up against Stone Cold, Rock and Foley during the Attitude Era, when his powers were at its peak.

His mic skills are also on a par with most. His ability to antagonise a crowd, to get them involved, make them hate him, help them love his adversary; everything you'd want from your top heel, he would deliver on. His mic skills as part of DX also can't be ignored. Although very sophmoric and arguably easy to do seen as much of it was just toilet humour, he still delivered on what was asked of him.

I'm not that clued in on his official drawing power (i.e. viewership figures while he's been top guy). I know his run in 2002 was a flop but as I say I don't know official figures. His run during the Attitude Era was I assume a huge success viewer&buy rate wise...but a lot of that could be down to the package at the time with Stone Cold and Rock hugely popular. So i don't know how you measure that officially. His current run hasn't been a huge success from what I've heard, but again, I might be wrong.

Cena, technique wise, though not as bad as many assume is still not really in HHH's league. People have jumped on the 'You Can't Wrestle' bandwagon with him imo, but he can certainly tell a story (v Umaga NYR '07) or even v Lashley (GAB '07), so he can certainly pull good matches out of limited talent. His style is different (pound and ground etc), but he certainly has potential. I believe he's still 'potential' in terms of being a great wrestler.

His mic skills are good, he's very comfortable on it. The character he portrays seemingly hampers him slightly in terms of how far he can go. He needs to keep the kiddies and the parents of the kiddies pleased. (wouldn't want an unwholesome all-american hero for them to cheer now would we??!). His rap gimmick got him noticed, even though imo it got a little stale towards the end, and it can possibly be argued not many could have got over with it (anyone remember B-Squared?!). Arguably on a par with HHH imo in terms of these skills.

His drawing power, officially, I don't know. It certainly seems he was one of the main reasons the kids and girls would attend, and it must be said some guys too I think. The fact he was champion for a year is probably testament to the fact he was a major draw. But I might be proved wrong.

So...if both careers were to end now HHH will go down as the better, but Cena's career has a way to go. And if we're to take multiple criteria into account he has the potential to be up there with him by the time his career ends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

SlickRic wrote: »
    Best how? There are so many different criteria by which to base a professional wrestler's talent

He got banned so you'll never find out. Not much of shame really as he wasnt that good at framing topics properly or in fact reading the rules. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

rovert wrote: »
    He got banned so you'll never find out. Not much of shame really as he wasnt that good at framing topics properly or in fact reading the rules. ;)

Why did he get banned?

Why did he get banned?

He posted a thread about the Wrestling show we arent meant to talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

A forbidden thread.

To answer the HHH or Cena question: Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

rovert wrote: »
    He posted a thread about the Wrestling show we arent meant to talk about.

Thats technically talking about it.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's tough to compare the two because I don't think Cena has quite hit his peak yet whereas in my opinion Triple H hit his peak in the years 2000-02. Also I would say Triple H is best utilised as a heel whereas Cena's main value comes through being a babyface.

If you compare the two now at this moment in time I would definitely say Cena is the best overall as he has more to offer the company at this point than Triple H who has sadly morphed into SuperHunter in recent times. An unstoppable, burying machine. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just in regards wrestling matches, I think Triple H at his peak (2000) was alot better in the ring than Cena. Not that Cena hasn't been in alot of really good matches but he's never been near the level Triple H was during his great run in 2000.

In regards to their value for the WWE, I think they're both really valuable but if I had to pick one I'd go with Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Samoa Joe :D

Samoa Joe :D

His crybaby gimmick is awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats technically talking about it.;)

Machismo trying to get Rovert banned?.....?

Advertisement