Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pantai phone number

Options
  • 10-08-2008 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

hi guys
    do any of ye know the number for pantai restaraunt in salthill?? i looked it up on menupages and got number from it,rang it few times,keeps telling me the number isnt regonised..so rang up directory enquires,they said they couldnt find it on the system!! grrr...:mad:
    i wanna book table there tonight but cant get number..can someone please help?? :confused:
    cheers :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

amy85 wrote: »
    hi guys
    do any of ye know the number for pantai restaraunt in salthill?? i looked it up on menupages and got number from it,rang it few times,keeps telling me the number isnt regonised..so rang up directory enquires,they said they couldnt find it on the system!! grrr...:mad:
    i wanna book table there tonight but cant get number..can someone please help?? :confused:
    cheers :p
    have it if you want to pm for number...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

Isn't the Pantai closed. It is now Da Roberta's. The story I heard is that Da Roberta's are moving from the original small premises to the larger "Pantai" premises and they are opening an italian shop/deli in the original premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Isn't the Pantai closed.

+1.
    It's closed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭amy85

aww man,i knew something wasnt adding up there... oh alright! well ive decided to go to catcus jacks now cause couldnt wait any longer to find there number!! :L:L i have never eaten there before either so hope its nice! thanks guys anyways for letting me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

Was Pantai nice? I walked past it one night after leaving Da Robertas (which was quite busy) and there wasn't a soul in the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Was in it a few times last year and found it really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Was just about the best place for Thai/Malaysian food around, mind you thats not saying much considering the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I think it's one of those areas that just never does well, I remember there being some kind of half decent pizza place there before it that met the same end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Pantai food was great - ate in there quite a few times. Couldn't believe it when I heard that they closed down.

They also had a place in Oranmore (beside the cinema) that had closed down a few months beforehand - although the food in there wasn't as good as the food in Salthill.

If you're looking for Thai food, try the Thai garden. Ate in there lately after a long absence and the food was still good.

If it's a place in Salthill you're after, then you can't beat Da Robertas, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boardswalker

My understanding is that Pantai was a franchise. There is at least one other pantai - the one in oranmore. I think it had some connection to the lemongrass which was also a franchise. The lemongrass in Galway was taken over by management and is now the Tamarind. IIRC Pantai food was good but it never took off and the atmosphere was not great.

Before it was the Pantai, I think it was Antonio's - a good pizza place.

Da Roberta's should do well with it. they have a good formula and they were always busy in their last place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Antonio's Pizza was there for years iirc..

and it was excellent.

Advertisement