Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thebookpeople free delivery

• 10-08-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Free delivery with this voucher until the end of the month - worked for me - the only difficulty might be getting a book that's worth reading ;)

www.thebookpeople.ie

Discount:
    FREE delivery
    Minimum Spend:
    £0.00
    Promotional Code:
    176AFPP
    Expiry:
    31/08/2008
    Applies to:
    any order

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭April Raine

clevtrev wrote: »
    Free delivery with this voucher until the end of the month - worked for me - the only difficulty might be getting a book that's worth reading ;)

www.thebookpeople.ie

Discount:
    FREE delivery
    Minimum Spend:
    £0.00
    Promotional Code:
    176AFPP
    Expiry:
    31/08/2008
    Applies to:
    any order
    Do they take Irish laser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Cheers, I was looking at a book on camping and hiking for £3.99 on their UK site which comes up at €7.99 on the Irish site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

Thanks for that Trev, just got my order confirmation email - Delivery: €0.00 :pac:

The price differences between the UK and Irish site are huge in some instances! :mad:

April Raine: They don't take Laser but they take Maestro. I didn't use it myself though... I know there are issues with Irish Maestro being accepted in the UK but suppose it's worth a try.

Hester wrote: »
    April Raine: They don't take Laser but they take Maestro. I didn't use it myself though... I know there are issues with Irish Maestro being accepted in the UK but suppose it's worth a try.
    Mine is Maestro/Laser but Irish from AIB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Great thanks for that, they never offer free P&P to Irekand so it's very welcome! Although I've been on their site 3/4 times recently and the selection is the worst ever just now. I hope it improves before the voucher runs out!

Here's a few of their better deals anyway:

Princess Diaries Box Set - 8 Books Meg Cabot €19.49

Doctor Who: Decide Your Destiny Collection - 12 Books BBC €19.49

Penguin Celebrations - 14 Books €28

The Great Journeys Collection - 20 Books €19.49

Summer Reading - 10 Books €10

• Advertisement

clevtrev wrote: »

www.thebookpeople.ie

Discount:
    FREE delivery
    Minimum Spend:
    £0.00
    Promotional Code:
    176AFPP
    Expiry:
    31/08/2008
    Applies to:
    any order
    yes the selection is very poor but I told a friend and he got a good deal.Irish Maestro accepted too. Thanks for the tip

You can also get 5% back through Quidco when shopping at the Book People.

P.S. Forgot to add- be warned, when the Book People say sale they mean it. For example, when a particular book sells out they mark it out of stock and usually do not have it in stock again. They're not like Amazon or other online booksellers. With the Book People once stock of a particular book sells out that's it, you won't see it on their web site again. My advice is if there's something you want don't wait, order it now.

y I told a friend and he got a good deal.Irish Maestro accepted too.
    Or so I thought but he had an email to say problem with payment, probably the laser/maestro:confused:
    sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Best book site on the internet is thebookdepository

www.bookdepository.co.uk

they have a HUGE selection and FREE delivery always. Prices are 90% of the time cheaper than amazon even before you factor in the extra savings of free delivery. Delivery is also quite fast. Cant recommend them highly enough:)

Thanks for the tip messinkiapina, lots of people here have recommended them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Another www.bookdepository.co.uk plus :
    They charge you in sterling so you don't end up paying the inflated Euro convertion prices that the bookpeople.ie and so many others charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Agreed that the bookdepository are excellent.

I got the following from the bookpeople, just delivered today. A rip off compared to the british webiste but good value nonetheless.

Childrens prize winner pack-8 books-17.99. Includes boy in the striped pyjamas and other readable titles.

Usborne Puzzle Adventures-10 books-15.99. Excellent books for kids-my brother was a huge fan of these as a child and wants to borrow them all!

Virginia Andrews-10 books-19.99. Great if you like Virginia andrews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Another thing about Book Depository - they despatch their books very fast. Anything I've ever ordered from them has arrived through the letterbox 3-4 days later. Amazon can take longer I've found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,559 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yes Book Depository are very good.
    Free delivery is a huge bonus and their prices simply cant be beaten.
    I was trying to get some rare golf books,which I expected to have to order from the States but they had them and for very cheap too.

Advertisement