Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Longer Barrell = Greater Accuracy?

• 10-08-2008 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

With this in mind, would attaching a silencer create the same effect?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Longer barrel doesn't always mean greater accuracy, tighter barrel will generally have better accuracy though, but a good hopup will make a good bit of difference aswell. Take the TM p90 for example, fairly short barrel (247mm I think) but great range and accuracy that will out do alot of snipers.

Anyway, a silencer doesn't actually have any effect on the flight of the BB itself, it merely dulls the sound of the AEG firing slightly. You could however put a silencer on and run an extended barrel inside the silencer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

kdouglas wrote: »
    You could however put a silencer on and run an extended barrel inside the silencer.

That can't be as easy as it sounds....can it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

On most AEG's it's fairly simple alright, just strip the gun, take the old barrel out, install the new one and then the silencer just covers the inner barrel where it sticks out. On some AEGs though, you cant push a longer barrel right through and you might need to use a drill to bore it out a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

If I used a silener,would the bb not hit the inside of the silencer while coming out or does the barell extend to the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If I used a silener,would the bb not hit the inside of the silencer while coming out or does the barell extend to the end?

The silencer is wider than the barrel. You should be fine unless the hop is set quite high. They should just pass straight through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

The silencer is wider than the barrel. You should be fine unless the hop is set quite high. They should just pass straight through.

Cheers.

kdouglas wrote: »
    On most AEG's it's fairly simple alright, just strip the gun, take the old barrel out, install the new one and then the silencer just covers the inner barrel where it sticks out. On some AEGs though, you cant push a longer barrel right through and you might need to use a drill to bore it out a little bit.

Don't know if I'd want to risk that.

Thanks for the info though.

Don't know if I'd want to risk that.

Thanks for the info though.

What were you considering doing it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

What about a GBB.Like the kjw p226.I no it has something to do with a 14mm barrel.Would this fit it?

What were you considering doing it on?

A Pnointy!

• Advertisement

A Pnointy!

A what?

Anyways, in response to "Longer Barrell = Greater Accuracy?" I say I hope so! The n ew Sig is only beaten by the PSG-1, thats it:)

A what?

Anyways, in response to "Longer Barrell = Greater Accuracy?" I say I hope so! The n ew Sig is only beaten by the PSG-1, thats it:)

Nointy = 90.

A P90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭birdman 1979

What about a GBB.Like the kjw p226.I no it has something to do with a 14mm barrel.Would this fit it?

No cos theirs is no thread on the barrel. I have the same one on my TM M4. This silencer is only for AEGs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

That can't be as easy as it sounds....can it?

I have exactly that done to my unit.

Prometheus M16 6.04 inner barrell in my TM G36C with a silencer to cover the excess - works a treat!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

sorry to hijack the thread but where (as in which sites) would people recommend buying a barrel upgrade?
    price and service being the most important factors.

thinking about upgrading similar to this.

Advertisement