Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding special effects to home movie

Options
  • 10-08-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi,
    i am trying to add some effects to a home (spoof) movie im making. so rather than creating a new thread each time i thought id use this one thread and post in it each time im trying to do someting i cant!! i have only done very basic home movies berfore :o (basically the only this ive done is put backing tracke under the video!!) but for this one i want to try some exiting new things.

the first one is in the 'credits', you know (on tv) when each character has this sort of intro -like a few clips of them in different scenarios then one when freeze frames on them the their name comes up.......the most basic example of this is in the old 'A-Team' credits see what i mean here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIfuaUTH9Y4&feature=related

the program im using is 'cyberlink powerdirector express ne' which is the program i got along with the camcorder.

so basically how do you do this?? :confused: or can it even be done using this program? maybe its too basic?

maybe i would be better to buy adobe premier or sony vegas to make sure it looks right!!

thanks to any replies.................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

anyone???

63 views and no replies.......surely someone can help!!!!......?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

well don't know much about powerdirectors abilities, but in it's simplest form, you would take a still image of the point you want it to freeze - may have to export it, then re-import it, add it to the timeline at the point where it freezes, then adjust the lenght of the static image accordingly,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

sandt wrote: »
    anyone???

63 views and no replies.......surely someone can help!!!!......?

Well the first thing you need to learn is that this **** isn't easy - it's not meant to be easy, in fact it's damn hard to produce good video. And harder again to produce good effects.

You're going to have to do this by yourself. Download a free trial of After Effects, then get a free trial at Lynda.com and do some tutorials. Or buy an AE Classroom In A Book.

For other alternatives, check out Motion if you have a Mac. Whatever software you use, get ready for a steep learning curve.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭okee

sandt

I don't use cyberlink, I have Ulead videostudio 11.5 myself and that's very simple to do in it.just select the section of video and take a snapshot which grabs that frame and and makes an image of it, then add it to the timeline and set the duration.
    Maybe download a demo of Videostudio 11.5 and try it
    it's very simple to use and youll pick up most of the stuff
    by just fiddling with it.
    After Effects and those other high end
    programs would just be overkill if you're just messing around with video.
    if you get stuck message me and i'll help you out.

okee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I would suggest you switch programs.
    Pinnacle studio 10 upwards..

• Advertisement
Advertisement