Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guinness foreign extra stout

Options
  • 10-08-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

was walking in a local market a few weeks back and noticed there were some bottles of the foreign extra stout. ive never seen it anywhere in ireland, but i havent been to many places outside of galway. each bottle was 2€ and there were 24 there so i picked them all up. i am american and i know you cant buy this in america. ive read many reviews on this beer saying its one of the best examples of imperial stouts you can buy. i was wondering if this is readily available in ireland. ive heard you can pick it up pretty easily in dublin. im sure people in america will pay a pretty penny for this stuff. any info would be appreciated. i believe the one i have is 7.3% alcohol. i cracked one open a few weeks back and its an amazing imperial. i will definitely be saving these for some cold winter nights by the fire. i cant bring myself to crack more than 1 in a night. its the holy grail of beer in my opinion. its definitely better than samuel smith imperial and victory storm king. anyone want to trade or barter? lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dunnes stocks it,its not exactly rare,at least not any more.From what i remember it was nice,like a thicker stronger guinness but too dear for me regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bob N Along

The Export Guinness you speak off is brewed in Nigeria and is over 8% alcohol volume. Historically they used to transport it from Ireland and it would ferment in the barrels and by the time it reached africa the alcohol would be higher, then more recently sometime in the past half a century or so they setup a brewery in Nigeria and strted brewing Guinness export.
    To add another twist, three products are exported....Foreign Extra Stout, Export Stout and Extra Stout.
    Check out the following link for an interesting guide to the development of guinness export labels used for the export market
    http://www.guinntiques.com/labels/foreign/foreign_label_guide.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭tribesman44

Dunnes stocks it,its not exactly rare,at least not any more.From what i remember it was nice,like a thicker stronger guinness but too dear for me regularly.

really? i only paid 2.20€ per bottle. a can of guinness costs about 2€ in my store. they may have rung me up wrong. most imperial stouts are more money.

Advertisement