Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scope Mounting CZ Lux

Options
  • 10-08-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all-

Im trying to mount my Nikon 3-9 x 40 scope on medium mounts on my CZ Lux .22.

How do people nomally avoid the Rear Iron Sight?
    I can put the Nikon just behind it but then the scope is coming back very far so i have an akward cheek weld.

Should I Remove Iron Sight ? Will it affect accuracy if i put it back on myself in future ?

Or should I get high mounts ?

Or is it ok having the Scope quite far back ?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Magnusd wrote: »
    Hi all-

Im trying to mount my Nikon 3-9 x 40 scope on medium mounts on my CZ Lux .22.

How do people nomally avoid the Rear Iron Sight?
    I can put the Nikon just behind it but then the scope is coming back very far so i have an akward cheek weld.

Should I Remove Iron Sight ? Will it affect accuracy if i put it back on myself in future ?

Or should I get high mounts ?

Or is it ok having the Scope quite far back ?

Thanks in advance for the advice!
    knock out the pin and remove the sight is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I agree with JW just tap it out .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I agree with JW just tap it out .

Dont use a pin punch, there is a quick release mechanism that is easy to damage if you dont do it correctly. My dealer wreacked my rear sight while trying to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Charlie 22

No do not tap it out! Just press down firmly on the 175 meter mark on the sight and pull the sight towards the action. pushing down on the mark removes the tension from the spring allowing the sight to just slide out. Good luck!

Sorry , Magnusd if its the 452 then thats a different set up you ca'nt just tap it out:eek:, as you can with the 527 or the 550 as both of these will just tap out .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Magnusd

Thanks Lads- managed to pop it out by pressing down.

Ill post a pic to see what you all reckon on my scope position.

also, i think my cross hairs may be slightly canted- Any tips for getting cross hairs straight without special equipment?

Finally- My rifle is zerod for 70 yards with CCI Velociator Hypervelocity. How much would i have to adjust my aim for rabbits at 25 and 50 yards ? less than an inch?

lots of info on cz 452's here, FAQ page is worth checking out for mounting scopes. hope this helps.
    link; http://cz452.com/

Thanks Lads- got scope sorted and my first kill with it :)

Rifle013.jpg

How does my scope position look ?

Nice one Magnusd my it be the first of many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

How does my scope position look ?

About right but could go back a little more but all people are different:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

If you have it mounted in such a way that there's no black edges on what you see through it it's mounted correctly. In the end we don't know how tall you are, how long your neck is, how your cheeck rests on the stock etc...If it suits you and the image is satisfactory it's ok.

You could try and solve the tilt by sticking the rifle in a vice ( use a spiritlevel to make sure it's straight ) and aim the scope with the vertical line aimed at a straight line ( try hanging a weighted nicely visible bright colored rope from a washin line for example ) and align the crosshair on it. Once you managed that start tightening up the scope evenly on both sides of the mounts. Don't tighten one side and the other after. That's a near certainty to get some tilt. Personally I found diagonal thightening accross front and back mount most successfull.

As for scope position- Im 5'10 , medium build /regular legnth arms + neck! does that scope look further forward than average for a CZ Lux ?

I have to crane my neck forward a tiny bit- is that good shooting form ? Any further back and i feel like my head is tilted back.

Actually- is there a proper way to hold your rifle- position of hands , cheek ect ? Any digrams online ?

Thanks for the tips on centering meath stevie- actually the tilt is barely noticible at the moment- and i dont want to mess up my nicely zeroed scope. I'll test out your method with vice, spirit level and weighted line next day i've time. Many thanks.

Any tips for a rifle support for zeroing rifle from bench? At moment im using several folded jackets!

Advertisement