Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noisey neighbours!!!!!

Options
  • 10-08-2008 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

seriously they are having parties EVERY weekend as their mother goes off where ever she goes (i presume she has a new b/f) so her two sons 18/19 have parties really loud, drugs etc, called the gardai numerous times, talked to the mother numerous times, talked to them numerous times, eggs have been thrown which they apologised for, people getting sick out the back garden, front garden, its a nightmare i cant get a proper nights sleep, last night it went on till 11am today!! WHAT DO I DO!!!???? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah, neighbours, who'd have 'em eh?
    My annoying other-people-induced soundscape = People who take an hour to mow their lawn which they do several times a week... broken house alarms that sound all day... barking dogs that never tire of hearing themselves be annoying... young kids who can only have fun when they're screaming... the ever-lasting home improvement guy who's not happy unless someone's hammering/sawing/drilling on his behalf... aircraft... and finally the fúcking idiot who runs one of those horrible ear-splitting 'mosquito devices' night and day.
    God, I hate living near other people... they're such complete assholes.
    Moving out of the city as soon as I can.

I know that hasn't been helpful, but I've given up personally.
    At times I've wished I could close my ears like I can close my eyes... the closest I've come is earplugs, which I don't find especially amazing (so I gave up on them)... although there are really good ones you can get... maybe ask in your chemist, see if they have anything heavy duty to block out the (presumably prominant) bass from the party music.

Or sleep with an mp3 player... that's what I do a lot of the time, one earbud in which ever ear isn't lying on the pillow... not listening to music, but a talky podcast or two... queue up a few hours of podcasts and you can at least be entertained/educated while you're being kept awake.
    I regularly fall asleep listening to podcasts.

The number one keeper-awaker about noise, I find, is not just the noise itself, but the stress I feel over it.
    Having a podcast or something to focus on instead reduces my stress levels by taking my mind off it and giving me some control over the most prominant noise in my ears.
    I'd definitely recommend looking for some podcasts that are relevant to your interests... you can even burn them to a CD or whatever if you don't have an mp3 player.

Some podcast sites for you to investigate if you're interested...
    http://twit.tv/
    http://www.mevio.com/

That's a short term idea anyway.
    I'd say you could look into filing some sort of official noise complaint... (google it, there are instructions on how to go about this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

This probably would've been better posted in legal dis.Op did you tell the guards about the drugs?Complain every time a party happens,keep a log of what happens,and ask for the superior officer if you have no luck with the first guard you talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

smokie78 wrote: »
    seriously they are having parties EVERY weekend as their mother goes off where ever she goes (i presume she has a new b/f) so her two sons 18/19 have parties really loud, drugs etc, called the gardai numerous times, talked to the mother numerous times, talked to them numerous times, eggs have been thrown which they apologised for, people getting sick out the back garden, front garden, its a nightmare i cant get a proper nights sleep, last night it went on till 11am today!! WHAT DO I DO!!!???? :(

erm....move?
    Have a chat with your solicitor, there have been successful casses requiring the neighbours to desist from making noise. I recall a rather bizarre case in Swords involving a few crazies who amongst other things, played loud hymns on a Hammond organ in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

This probably would've been better posted in legal dis.Op did you tell the guards about the drugs?Complain every time a party happens,keep a log of what happens,and ask for the superior officer if you have no luck with the first guard you talk to.

Hate to say it mate, but the Gaurds don't give a flying f**k, they won't stop a party. Its a civil affair. The only benefit is if it comes to court in a civil action. I think your solicitor may be able to apply for noise abatement in court, if they don't comply they will be done for contempt of court.

Good luck, its pretty impossible to deal with unless they are tenants.

In which case, you can chase the landlord.
    Have to say though, in my experience, unless the landlord is also being disturbed, they won't care either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

If you dont think they will get aggresive then how about turning on music theyd hate eg irish jigs, leave it at full blast, when they are trying to sleep, and go out - accidentally forgetting to turn it off :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Badkitty

Hop over the wall, ask to join the party! Sit there every night they do it drinking their beer and using their drugs... soon they will keep the noise down to avoid you coming over.... if not getting stoned off your face will help you sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Contact the council, their enviromental health folks are the ones, gardai dont deal with noise complaints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

I'd borrow a camcorder, get as much evidence as possible and then go to the local council.

Unless there's alot of drugs involved, i dont think the guards care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

I think at this stage you have to fight dirty. Start blaring your own music at times inconvenient to them

Advertisement