Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingrown hairs, help me ladies!

Options
  • 10-08-2008 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I have started to get Brazilian waxed but the problem is my pubic area always ends up dotted with ingrown hairs after a week or so:o

Some are so bad that its impossible to remove or even see the hairs for over a week.

I obviously hate this as its so ugly and unsightly and makes me very self conscious.

I exfoliate every day with a loofa but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to prevent them? Does anyone have the same problem?

I prefer the smooth look so would prefer to try to sort out the waxing problem. Shaving is so prickly and also produces ingrown hairs for me. Also I'm allergic to veet so that is ruled out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Get brazilian waxed with hot wax instead of strip wax, it'll more or less sort the ingrown hair problem, and isn't as painful during the actaul treatment.

Tweezerman also do a long pointed tweezers specifically for ingrown hairs, it works well. You'll find them in any boots.

If the hot wax isnt successful then realistically you are looking at laser hair removal,

hope this helps.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

get exfoliating gloves and use them religiously on the waxed area, also there are some no more ingrown hair creams on the market you can try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Exfoliate, then tweeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Corcaigh abu

Hi don't know know how bad it is. Products that used which were really good was Skin Doctors they seem to do a range -is in some pharmacies. About 20 euro a bottle. Unfortunatley every time I waxed just kept getting worse so have ended up getting laser. Because had got to the stage of scaring. Have had 3 sessions and totally worth it was 180 ago but a huge difference - hair is lighter and ingrowns gone. Laser expensive but i've spent so much previously it was best investment:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Use anything (astringent, cream, etc.) with salicylic acid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭loopyloulou

I have started to get Brazilian waxed but the problem is my pubic area always ends up dotted with ingrown hairs after a week or so:o

Some are so bad that its impossible to remove or even see the hairs for over a week.

I obviously hate this as its so ugly and unsightly and makes me very self conscious.

I exfoliate every day with a loofa but it doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to prevent them? Does anyone have the same problem?

I prefer the smooth look so would prefer to try to sort out the waxing problem. Shaving is so prickly and also produces ingrown hairs for me. Also I'm allergic to veet so that is ruled out.

Have exactly the same problem as you and i get the hot wax done for my brazilian so i dont think it matters whether its strip wax or not, if youre prone to ingrown hairs then you'll get them no matter what!!! Anyway, i bought this stuff called Ingrow Go from the salon i go to, 27euro a bottle, smells like nail polish remover but it prevented those initial spots that come up after a 5-6 days (for me anyway).
    Lou

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MJ3

I have the same problem too, but I now do the following with great results:

Exfoliate dry (before stepping into the shower or using water) with a cream/gel - I use Soap & Glory Flake Away - great stuff, cheap and available in Boots. Then when you get into the shower rub and rinse off the cream.

After during the first few days I use Liz Earle's Superbalm, smells lovely, has natural oils etc to keep everything moisturised.

Then after a few days on and off between continuing to use the Superbalm I use PFB Vanish, i got this in the salon, again smells like nail varnish but seems to do the trick.

I've have very few ingrown hairs by doing this - hope this helps!!!

Advertisement