Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killester

Options
  • 10-08-2008 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi

Im looking for information on the Killester area-particularly around Craigford drive and the streets close by.

Does anyone know if this is a quiet area? Its close to Clontarf but also to Donneycarney-I actually dont know anything about Donneycarney but I heard its a bit of a rough area.

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Samuel

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Donnycarney is fine. Lovely location, close to everything, good bus service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You'll have better luck in the 'City' forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Killester is not in North County Dublin by quite some considerable margin ;)

We're Dublin 5 - ie, we have a number - so we're not "Co. Dublin" at all :D

But to answer your question - I've lived (heh, initially typo-ed that as "loved", which is still pretty accurate ;)) here all my life, and you couldn't ask for a better spot. Ok, I'm down at the Dart station as opposed to up at the Malahide Road end where Craigford is but really, you can't beat the place for transport and location. There's huge amenities on your doorstep, you're a half hour walk from Dollymount Beach, 10-15 minute walk from St Anne's Park. 15 minutes into town on the bus (off-peak). It's clean, safe, friendly. Around parts of Donnycarney you can get some "rougher" types, but I wouldn't even call them rough really. They're just classic working class. Little gurriers on bikes would be the worst you'd have to deal with (and they're innocent, talk-back-to-you gurriers, not vandals or violent types)

If I had the money to buy in the area I wouldn't move for love nor money.

Hang on, just noticed where you're currently based (unless your name is inaccurate) - Donnycarney isn't any rougher than Marino. Both are areas of former corpo houses. Yes, there are parts of Donnycarney that are rougher, but not the parts that are anywhere near Killester or Craigford Ave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Moved to Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Moved to Dublin City.
    Thread closed as the poster had already posted a similar one here (which is frowned upon SamuelMarino! :()

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement