Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chipper in Galway?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Salt'n'pepper have really dropped in quality over the years. They're mad expensive as well, wouldn't bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I have yet to find a decent burger anywhere. Those bland, grey coloured patties you get in most burgers are muck.

Gotta say, capones in knocknacarra have seriously good burgers. Lovely lean meat, well spiced, lots of options, chips yum too. Pity their pizza ain't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Another new place for us to try opening across from CPs shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

shaggykev wrote: »

THE SNACKBOX ladies and gentlemen, oh that was fine dining 3am style
    john the legend getting 40 orders thrown at him at the one time and knowing exactly who ordered what, the man was a legend

John the rap""t, sweating over all the young ones. He gave one of the girls a free burger and chips one night if she kissed him. She did, turned the corner, ate the burger and puked all over high st. and she wasnt lamped either. Never went back

Does Scottys count, dorango fries and one of the burgers unreal...otherwise agree Vinnys for chips (serious craziness goes on it that place), charcoal for mixed doner (used to offer the lads my passport for one if it was really late and I was particularly inebriated), vivo for breakfast role (although it can be pikeyish enough up that way), monroes for pizza and supermacs for a dump! never had much fish but mcdonaghs was the last (albeit bout 8 years ago) and it was lush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Another new place for us to try opening across from CPs shortly.
    think its opening today and ur man used to work in the charcoal should be savage grub if it half as good as the charcoal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

moy83 wrote: »
    think its opening today and ur man used to work in the charcoal should be savage grub if it half as good as the charcoal

He told me that he won't be serving kebabs,just the likes of fried chicken and pizza.Will give it a try in the next few weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

Its gonna be called Chicken Lick'n he tring to compete with kfc. seen his menu gonna be a very good menu very reasonable prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Its gonna be called Chicken Lick'n he tring to compete with kfc. seen his menu gonna be a very good menu very reasonable prices

Where did you see the menu?Have you got a link for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭GuessWho2009

I know the owner. I know there doing a permanent €5 meal
    Any 2 of the following served with fries and a drink
    Piece of chicken, 4 nuggets, regular burger, 2 wings, 2 goujons, popcorn chicken then they have family delas and stuff similar to kfc but think that €5 deal will fly if the food is good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just had a chicken kebab meal from Jack Jordons.
    Some portion of chips, Yum!:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Al Fredo's in Ballybane has nice tasting chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

does anyone remember Buck Rodgers in Prospect Hill (in the late '80s)? The place that invented the Smoky Bacon burger?

Advertisement