Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The donkey sanctuary, Castlebaldwin

Options
  • 10-08-2008 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Just to give this great place a mention, we went there today and had a great time. Bought carrots and ginger biscuits and were able to feed the donkeys.
    My lad took a bit of video of me and I look an absolute muppet, but what the hell, its here if you want a laugh.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4QTe-euaJc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

VAL! :eek: Did they eat you?!? Its still downloading on my very slow connection but right now it looks like the skinny donkeys are more interested in you than your biscuits. :eek:

<chews nails>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

sueme wrote: »
    VAL! :eek: Did they eat you?!? Its still downloading on my very slow connection but right now it looks like the skinny donkeys are more interested in you than your biscuits. :eek:

<chews nails>

It was kind of like that!!! I think its coz I look like a donkey!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Is this place still run by a lady named Sue?? She used to have dogs and geese and things along with the donkeys. You can "adopt a donkey" and you get a newsletter every so often giving you an update of all the animals. Well done for highlighting the place, it used to be the only donkey sanctuary in Ireland, save a big one in Cork, not sure if that's the case anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sulukie

I love the donkey in the forefront who's pretending to be totally disinterested. Guess it worked you made sure he got his own biscuit. :D

Yes its still run by Sue, she's lovely.
    I saw a dog there (who also eats whole carrots!)
    Yes you can adopt a donkey, its a great idea.
    All the info is here: http://www.donkeys.ie/
    Some piccies here too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157606665314582/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Yep I know the place well. It's a nice place and the animals are well looked after.

Ye should also take a trip up to see the tombs and views from the top of the mountain. Instead of going straight on to the santuary take a right at the last intersection. Well worth it.

Yep I know the place well. It's a nice place and the animals are well looked after.

Ye should also take a trip up to see the tombs and views from the top of the mountain. Instead of going straight on to the santuary take a right at the last intersection. Well worth it.

We were going to go there, but it started lashing rain so we are going back another day.

Advertisement