Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civ II installation problem

Options
  • 10-08-2008 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

I just bought Civ II (collectors edition) the other day. However, when I double-click the setup.exe file it does nothing! Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What OS are you running? Try running it in Win95/98 Compatibility Mode. Right click on the exe and go into the properties and you'll see the Compatibility tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jcdf

I loved that game. I also greatly enjoyed Alpha Centauri. I might still have Civ II on a CD somewhere. I could install it and play you maybe. If I can find it or make it work.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kawaii wrote: »
    I just bought Civ II (collectors edition) the other day. However, when I double-click the setup.exe file it does nothing! Any ideas on how I can get it to work?

Try copying the whole of the CD's contents to your desktop in a folder, then disable your anti virus auto protect if there is one and try running setup from there

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Yo, I think I found the problem but it doesn't matter anyway. Turns out the copy of the game I bought didn't include the actual game, only the scenarios expansion! Trying to sort that out at the moment.

Thanks for all the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I think you can get Civ II with the Sid Meier Civilisation pack, I saw that for sale somewhere maybe GAME. You get all the games and all the expansion packs.

Civ II was a classic game, I don't know how many hours I spent in numbing bliss playing that game :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement