Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where do they all go?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice that in any car dealership there is a distinct lack of cars pre 00? Have been looking around today for a while and can't find anything below this year, or less than about €10,000 for that matter. The only place I can find anything like this is private. This basically forces me to spend a lot of cash that I don't want to.

Now, people trade in 00 and earlier cars all the time, and I doubt they're scrapped because they're still worth some cash. My question is, where do all these cars go? They have to go somewhere and its not in any of the dealership's that I've been to. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They tend to go to "the trade"... i.e. smaller back-street style independent dealers. Or auctions.
    Big main dealerships with glasshouse showrooms aren't interested in keeping anything older than 3-4 yrs old on their forecourts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Anyone happen to know any of them sorts of dealers in he north west?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

just have a look on carzone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

makes me proud to have gotten a 99 from a mian dealer :D

most smaller dealers will have older cars, go to carzone and select search by dealer and then look through some of the dealers from your county and the surrounding counties to see what you can find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

the boggers take them....they are not called country cute for nothing. They are laughing like drains at the dubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Back home at the weekend I had one of the newest cars around - an 04. Thats where they're going :D

Advertisement