Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport: Greenhills Rd to Chapelizod

Options
  • 10-08-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I'd appreciate any help here, I do give help (and smart comments) in this forum when I can :)

My beloved moped is sold and my push-bike has a flat tyre and no way of getting it fixed. So that means slumming it in public transport with the rest of ye common folk!

I'm looking to get from Greenhills Rd, specifically near Kilnamanagh in D24 to Chapelizod/Ballyfermot.

I'm aware the Kylemore Road is the most direct road but I'm not aware of any buses on it

Options: Walk to Kingswood Luas and go to Blackhorse Luas and walk it the rest. Groan, that's a lot of walking.
    I've heard of the infamous 77 but I don't want to go into the city centre and back out.
    Would walking to the Belgard Rd and getting a bus be an option?

Apologies for the questions, I can't remember the last time I used Dublin bus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Well it seems like you are going to have a track and some waiting no matter what you do.
    You could walk to the Belgard Rd and take the 76a. I think it's the "A" that has it's terminus near Chapelizod Village.But it goes all over the place to get there.
    On the other hand get a bus down to Drimnagh (the longmile rd) and pick up the 18 which will bring you to Ballyfermot. If you get off at the kylemore Rd it's a 15 min walk to the village down Chapelizod Hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

77 to the Long Mile Road and an 18 to Ballyfermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

BendiBus wrote: »
    77 to the Long Mile Road and an 18 to Ballyfermot?

That should have been Drimnagh Rd. I always forget the Longmile ends at the pub.037.gif

Get off the 77 at the junction of Walkinstown Rd/Longmile Rd and Drimnagh Rd. Cross over to the other side where the shops are and wait for your 18 to Ballyfermot.
    Hopefully you won't have missed one :D

OP a better alternative for you might be to get the luas to heuston station and pick up a 25/25a/66/67 to chapelizod from Parkgate St a 2 min walk from heuston. Actually I think this would be the quickest way to get there. the least waiting anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Sundew wrote: »
    OP a better alternative for you might be to get the luas to heuston station and pick up a 25/25a/66/67 to chapelizod from Parkgate St a 2 min walk from heuston. Actually I think this would be the quickest way to get there. the least waiting anyhow :D
    +1, that's seems the best plan to me. Get a combi ticket and get a bus to the luas, luas to Heuston and bus to Chapelizod.

Advertisement