Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB disconnects when using Phone

Options
  • 10-08-2008 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi,

I have Eircom BB 2MB service.... but have the very annoying problem that when the phone is in use its 50/50 chance that the BB will loose its sync.

I should point out that I do have a filter on the line ( an eircom installed filtered socket infact ). I am certainly on the fringes of BB signal as I live some 5KMS or more from the exchange, in the country too, so most of the line is above ground.

My connection speed says 2048/192 not 256 ( it never stays connected at 256 for more than a few mins.

My line attenuation reads 61/31 dB

I have nothing else connected to the line but the BB router and the DECT Phone.

Like to hear your thoughts / ideas on how to solve this issue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Do you have filters on every single socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I would get a new filter. Definitely the most likely cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

i'd say its a filter aswell, used to always happen before with a dodgy filter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Microfilters Must mention thats not my ebay or anything it was the first result returned

Advertisement