Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ChewChew wrote: »
    Well i've just skulled a few beers and hoping the hangover will make it all easier! :o

hehe, i was hungover doing my skydive a few weeks ago. no harm at all :D
    watna wrote: »
    Landlord installed a heat pump in the flat. I am sitting here drinking wine all toasty warm.

This winter is going to be so much better than the last one. No 3 months of moaning about the lack of central heating for me this year!

me too!

well, we moved flat! but no more nasty mould for us! yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The rains are here!

...you all think I'm crazy, don't you.

But hell. The rains are here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

they certainly are.

how has everyone's anzac day been?

good. bit miffed they closed up the bars at 12 last night, and kicked us out at 12.30, awesome gig, awesome vibe in the place, but everyone seemed quite happy to respect their anzac heritage, so fair play. can't quite picture the same reverence back home.

took my longboard out today for the first time, my first time standing on a skateboard in public for over 30secs. that **** is harder than it looks! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

good. bit miffed they closed up the bars at 12 last night, and kicked us out at 12.30, awesome gig, awesome vibe in the place, but everyone seemed quite happy to respect their anzac heritage, so fair play. can't quite picture the same reverence back home.

took my longboard out today for the first time, my first time standing on a skateboard in public for over 30secs. that **** is harder than it looks! :eek:

:confused: I always assumed you were a girl.

• Advertisement

lolwut? :eek::confused::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

What? She is. I is confused now. Why did you think from that post that she was a guy?

After my first Anzac day in NZ I've got to admit I'm not a fan of it for a number of reasons.

Reasons I've learned to keep to myself as kiwis don't like you dissing Anzac day!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm tired and in ChCh a little bit drunk.

I did my nevis bungy in queenstown and fekkin lost a shoe quarter way down :eek: so can anyone please please please tell me how to get to a number 1 shoe warehouse from base hostel ?? :o:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I think the skateboard remark confused him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The rains are here!

...you all think I'm crazy, don't you.

But hell. The rains are here!!

Last year In NI was rain this is nothing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

kiwis don't like you dissing Anzac day!

Lol that would I thought be a given considering they lost about 10,000 troops that day :)

ChewChew wrote: »
    I'm tired and in ChCh a little bit drunk.

I did my nevis bungy in queenstown and fekkin lost a shoe quarter way down :eek: so can anyone please please please tell me how to get to a number 1 shoe warehouse from base hostel ?? :o:o:o

dude, drop me a text and i can bring you round chch for a bit. got a family thing today at 5ish, but im free up till that. pity you never got in touch, myself and jank met up for the first time last night, coulda had a slightly bigger boards beers if ye'd turned up :D

oh, and just googled and see that base hostel is at the square, so that's pretty central for directions.

right, so face the cathedral, and turn right, down columbo st. you should pass cashel st, and get to the bus exchange, which will be on the left side of the road, intersecting with lichfield st.

there's two number 1 shoe warehouses relatively nearby, but im most familiar with the one at eastgate, cos i just live around the corner. buses you can get to eastgate are
    40 - heading to new brighton
    5 - heading to southshore
    49 - heading to north shore
    24 - heading towards bromley
    21 - heading towards mt pleasant
    51 - heading towards new brighton.

the no 1 shoe warehouse is upstairs, best of luck, and again, giz a text if you're around, twould be cool to meet up while ye're here.

pclancy wrote: »
    Lol that would I thought be a given considering they lost about 10,000 troops that day :)

Yep - pretty much the reason I only aired my thoughts to my OH. Kept very quiet about it with my kiwi friends!

ha, ill always remember last anzac day, me and a mate (former white power, heaps of related tattoos and badges, definite 'nazi fetish') completely forgot twas anzac day and wandered into the square where there's a memorial statue, and heaps of people around it, and flowers and stuff on it, he just swore and we kinda legged it back to his house. :D

had to laugh when even he doesnt want to project any negative feelings towards the day.

There were a lot of things I liked about ANZAC day - don't get me wrong. I guess I was just looking at it through different eyes than people who are used to marking the day every year.

what was it you disliked, other than the public holiday surcharge without the day off work?

or was that it? (if i can ask :))

what was it you disliked, other than the public holiday surcharge without the day off work?

or was that it? (if i can ask :))

No - it wasn't the surcharge (although that pissed me off!). I have real reasons. I'm just keeping quiet about them!

gah, now im really intrigued! no worries though.

gah, now im really intrigued! no worries though.

How were you drinks last night? Did you have fun?

I bought a $550 vacuum cleaner today so I've spent all day hoovering. The dirt comig out of our flat is crazy! Feeling very old and domesticated now :)

I'm also selling something on trade me for the first time. Hope they sell now!

• Advertisement

drinks were great! met jank and his girlfriend, both absolutely lovely, conversation was pretty easy, and the fact we live around the corner from each other made the trip home hassle free too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

i hope the people in aus celebrated by watching the footy!

drinks were great! met jank and his girlfriend, both absolutely lovely, conversation was pretty easy, and the fact we live around the corner from each other made the trip home hassle free too :)

Sounds great! Hopefully we can all go for a drink if we make it to Christchurch in July.

I put a buy it now price on the item on trade me and it sold in 2 hours. Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I bought a $550 vacuum cleaner today

:eek:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

dude, drop me a text and i can bring you round chch for a bit. got a family thing today at 5ish, but im free up till that. pity you never got in touch, myself and jank met up for the first time last night, coulda had a slightly bigger boards beers if ye'd turned up :D
    omg missus I completely forgot to text you and I even have your number in my phone. crap. Really sorry about that! :o

Well I just went to Farmers and bought a new pair in there. Great sale on in it too btw so they were $49.99 reduced to $37. happy days.

I'm in Ch-Ch alone tonight so I figured I'd take the plunge and hit the cinema on my own tonight. Gah! :eek:

hey, no worries, how long ye in chch for?

i work just around the corner from where ye stay, so even if ya just wana say hi in person for 20mins, i can catch up with you during my lunch or after work or something...

text sent anyway, enjoy the cinemama.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭aingeal_croi

heh heh mee too....love your profile name!...New Zealand will always be home but there is far bigger fish to fry

hussey wrote: »
    :eek:

Well, I got it for $400 as it was the demo model but yes - peretty hefty. We got cat and both him and my bf have asthma (yes, cat astham!)so we needed a proper hoover. I'm seeing it as an investment!

can you post a pic? given one of my (3) jobs involves hoovering other peoples houses, im always interested in what kidna hoover people use! nothing worse than a sub-standard hoover.

• Advertisement

can you post a pic? given one of my (3) jobs involves hoovering other peoples houses, im always interested in what kidna hoover people use! nothing worse than a sub-standard hoover.

:D

You're funny!

Link is here if you really want to know what kind of vacuum cleaner I have:
    http://www.godfreys.co.nz/vacuum_cleaner_information.php?cat=1&is_subcat=0&id=195&page=1&catname=QmFnbGVzcyBWYWN1dW0gQ2xlYW5lcg==

Advertisement