Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Eek.. just decided to enrol in university again and study extramurally. Am I mad?! I've applied for a student loan too so we'll see how it all goes. I'm trying to get a transcript of my degree from Trinity and I imagine that that will take ages so I might have to start the course next semester instead. Feeling excited though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh, exciting stuff, watna!

best of look... what'll you be studying? and will it be a masters you're doing?

ooh, exciting stuff, watna!

best of look... what'll you be studying? and will it be a masters you're doing?

Nope - a postgraduate diploma. If I did a masters it would have to be in the subject my degree is in (Chemistry) and I'd rather melt my own face than do that. I'm looking at doing a postgrad diploma in business administration, majoring in management. I might have to wait until next February to start but I'm hoping to start in November. If they let me in!

Feels good to be doing something positive for myself! I hated what I studied in college and it knocked my confidence because I wasn't very good at it. I decided I needed to do something about that and study something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

ChewChew wrote: »
    Oh god guys I'm home. A week I've been back in Ireland and I'm not happy. :( Can anyone tell me where in this dull, wet country I can get L&P's? I miss it sssooooo much! :(

You can order some from http://www.tntshop.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Excellent idea Watna, you'll really enjoy learning something you're interested in!

Gorgeous morning today in Wellington :) Finally a blue sky...doesnt look like its gunna hold for the long weekend though :(

• Advertisement

pclancy wrote: »
    Excellent idea Watna, you'll really enjoy learning something you're interested in!

Gorgeous morning today in Wellington :) Finally a blue sky...doesnt look like its gunna hold for the long weekend though :(

Thanks!

Yep - took the risk and hung some washing out before I left the house this morning. So far, so good.

Apparently it's supposed to rain all weekend. Bit crap for a long weekend. I don't mind too much cos I was going to chill at home a good bit. Going to two house parties as well so will be inside mostly!

Anyone else have some fun long weekend plans?

ha, well, my weekend should be pretty packed. the main thing, of course, is utilising this prettiness as long as it lasts.

10287648.jpg

then there's the rockclimbing, party, hanging with mate, other party, finally getting a new phone (oh yeah, if anyone's been trying to text me, ive been phoneless for about 2 weeks), and then some more surfing. possibly with a little surfing in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

might be goin to a BBQ here in perth. weather is pretty good.

just finished my 2nd week of the new job! still havent got paid so still broke so prob wont be goin too mad this weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Hey peeps ~ its been a while since I've been on Boards. How y'all doing?

wow, i presume ur drunk, and not a single spelling mistake in that post!! :p

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    wow, i presume ur drunk, and not a single spelling mistake in that post!! :p
    Had a few beers with me Polski mate last night so having a quiet one tonight.

Hows your day/evening going?

well like i was sayin, i might be goin to a BBQ tonight.

The BBQ is definately going ahead but its my missus's workmates going away do and shes currently not speaking to me so hence the "might" be going! No way am i going if shes gonna be ignorin me all night! I;d rather stay in!! :p

other than that, my evening is goin well! Got home from work, and took off me trousers straight away. in me boxers loungin about now. Bliss!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

dSTAR wrote: »
    Hey peeps ~ its been a while since I've been on Boards. How y'all doing?

Great I have my first 5 nights of in a row since the beginning of April, due to working at 00.00 I get to have a beer or 6.

I love Oz and $40 slabs ... :D

The_B_Man wrote: »
    other than that, my evening is goin well! Got home from work, and took off me trousers straight away. in me boxers loungin about now. Bliss!! :p
    Bastid! I have the heat up full tilt here. Winter seems to have kicked in here in the past couple of days.
    Zambia232 wrote:
    I love Oz and $40 slabs ...
    My girlie would spend that on a bottle of wine and I'm like but, but....

Once you go above $20 there really is not that much difference so I here I'm not the best pallet in Victoria.

I'm the same. I don't care as long as it is not really cheap ass wine that is laden with artificial crap which is going to give me a clouded feeling/headache or break out in a rash.

Once we were warriors is on tv tonight - on tv3. Everyone has been saying I need to see it since I got to NZ. I'm a bit scared though - after hearing everyone talking about how the film affected them.

Still going to watch it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Yeah supposed to be very good but shocking film. I've read the book which was excellent but dunno if I could stand to watch it on TV, the ad breaks every ten minutes on TV here drives me mad!

pclancy wrote: »
    Yeah supposed to be very good but shocking film. I've read the book which was excellent but dunno if I could stand to watch it on TV, the ad breaks every ten minutes on TV here drives me mad!

Tell me about it. It's worse than the states here, and they do that annoying thing that they do at home and make the ads much louder than the actual programme so you get blasted at every 10 minutes.

They also do that annoying American thing were they have a break at the end of the programme so they can go straight in to the next one after the credits run and try and suck you in to keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Watch it. Great movie.

• Advertisement

I agree really good movie ,,,very dark but really powerfull stuff.

Zambia232 wrote: »
    I agree really good movie ,,,very dark but really powerfull stuff.

I actually really enjoyed it (if that's possible with the subject matter, but you know what I mean). I think because I've heard so many times how violent it is I knew what to expect so it didn't freak me out too much.

What did freak me out is that you know that there are families living in NZ right now who live like that. You here so much about domestic abuse and on a trip to the family planning clinic a few months ago the nurse asked me did I feel safe at home and was home a safe place to be, was I ever threatened etc? Apparently they randomly check people for domestic abuse. I also read the other day that NZ has the highest abuse rates for children in the developed world. Every other night there's something on the news about babies shaken etc. Quite scary really.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

there is a follow up to OWW's called what becomes of the broken hearted. Not as violent as the first movie. More about Jakes redemption. BTW the book what becomes of the broken hearted is better than the first book.

watna wrote: »
    Once we were warriors is on tv tonight - on tv3. Everyone has been saying I need to see it since I got to NZ. I'm a bit scared though - after hearing everyone talking about how the film affected them.

Still going to watch it though.

fcuk that. not after hearing about my fella, the heartless soul-less bastid crying while watching it, as well as a room of about 5 other blokes and all but two in tears.

i cry watching surf's up and shrek. i do not enjoy that part of those films.
    i am not watching once were warriors.

What crying .... I watched it with 10 blokes and pretty much all anyone did was tell each other to make eggs.

i duno, not watched it. *shrugs*

apparently lots of ****ed up childhoods or something.

i duno, not watched it. *shrugs*

apparently lots of ****ed up childhoods or something.

Aaaah that would do it...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Well. How are you all. Im heading for NZ mid october. Got my job sorted there last week! What will the weather be like then?

cold.

possible snow (in the south island, it made the news when they actually got frost up north :P).

possible highs of 16 during the day, plummeting to minus figures at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭eire-kp

Going to a town called geraldine. Any of ye ever been there..whats it like?

Advertisement