Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

sorry to butt in,but anyone know the cheapest way to ring irish landline from melbourne cell phone,and from ireland landline to ozzi mobile.ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

eire-kp wrote: »
    Well. How are you all. Im heading for NZ mid october. Got my job sorted there last week! What will the weather be like then?

In Wellington, is starts to pick up in October. It's quite spring like - although a little windy. If you convert it in your head (I still have to do this all the time). October is the equialent to April at home, so the winter is over but the weather is still very changeable and can be rainy (as far as I remember!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

CLEARLAKE!

did i put you onto that song, or is this a bizarre coincidence, after me surfing today and getting that stuck in my head?

just posted it in the lair and everything!

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

CLEARLAKE!

did i put you onto that song, or is this a bizarre coincidence, after me surfing today and getting that stuck in my head?

just posted it in the lair and everything!

Nope - don't think you put me on to them. A friend gave me that album.

p.s. sorry I had to run - had to get online and log in to skype quick before I got texts from my parents asking why I wasn't online!

haha, cool, i love that song. got some of the lyrics on my surfboard. got their other two albums? golden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I brought a plot of land today in a place called Mernda.

Anyone know anything about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Zambia232 wrote: »

All i could find was this photo of it:
    bud25d.jpg
    Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Zambia232 wrote: »

Talk to Whitewashman. He knows all about it.

All i could find was this photo of it:
    bud25d.jpg
    Sorry

For those of us in the know thats called "fill"?

Talk to Whitewashman. He knows all about it.

Thanks.

All I can think of is it reminds me of Clonee , but smaller...

• Advertisement

the people i've dealt with, and met, i have had nothing but positive experiences with, as far as the immigrant thing goes...

i think things would be a lot different for me if i wasn't white.
    particularly if i was asian. im sure you heard it on the news a few months back, i think around the elections, one of those fuckwit right wing parties (can't remember hte name), but triggered another 'asian invasion' debate.

aand ended up chatting to this chick at the bustop the other day... and can confirm this... 'hate seeing all those asians and indians here... more of them than of us.... you're cool though, you're white'.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

aand ended up chatting to this chick at the bustop the other day... and can confirm this... 'hate seeing all those asians and indians here... more of them than of us.... you're cool though, you're white'.

:eek:

this is so right i was with a mate (who is melbournian) in hungry jack that sunday that all the protests were going on at flinders street station, he pipes up and says "gee we're a minority here so we are" I didn't say it, but I felt like saying "jazuz sure i'm an immigrant myself"!

Oh what's the equivalent of Xtra vision here in Oz??
    anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

Anyone living in Sydney at the moment?

Looking into sending a container of irish foods/products to sydney every month. Have found an outlet to store and sell from in Sydney. I am aware that it is being done on a smaller scale in Oz

Havent pushed the button on it yet.

Could anyone here tell me:

1. What they miss from home and would like to get out there?

2. Would you be interested in such a service?

Thanks for any and all feedback

cooper38 wrote: »

Looking into sending a container of irish foods/products to sydney every month. Have found an outlet to store and sell from in Sydney. I am aware that it is being done on a smaller scale in Oz

Tea Bags Big time! twinnings Irish Breakfast tea, cost me $5.37 for 50 tea bags..

Actually that only about 3.10 euro.. dear enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

DamoDLK wrote: »
    Oh what's the equivalent of Xtra vision here in Oz??
    anybody?

Blockbuster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Flairpinnedme

Tea Bags Big time! twinnings Irish Breakfast tea, cost me $5.37 for 50 tea bags..

tayto and club orange are much needed

cooper38 wrote: »

What I'd most like is a marks and spencers food hall. Can you do that?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Hello. i plan to travel to new zealand in september on whv. could you tell me what the situation is over there with work at the present time. are jobs scarce or plentiful. i will be mainly doing farm work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

man, i got sacked today! recession bullcrap! they hired too many staff for this project so they cut the foreigner! so pissed off! i wasnt even the last person hired!! :(

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    man, i got sacked today! recession bullcrap! they hired too many staff for this project so they cut the foreigner! so pissed off! i wasnt even the last person hired!! :(

Hate that, really sucks.. try suing them unfair dismissal!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steo123

?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Hate that, really sucks.. try suing them unfair dismissal!!!!

thats the plan. been ringin around a loada places tryin to get advice on where i stand.

the company i was working for are covered under state law, as opposed to federal law so the employment law centre can give me advise on this, tho the problem is actually gettin thru to them. its next to impossible!! Will have to speak to them first for advice before i move forward, as funds are limited. more so now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

The_B_Man wrote: »

I know that feeling, been there, its sh1t.
    Good luck man

steo123 wrote: »
    ?

I think you might need to be a bit more specific than that. It depends on your experience and the area you work in etc.

There are a lot of threads on this already. Might be a good idea to use the serach function and see if you're question has been answered already.

Have you checked in the what areas are booming in Aus/NZ? There's a lot of job info in there.

Tough break B_Man
    :( Keep at it, focus all your attention on securing your next job. Once employed you can chase them for letting you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cooper38

Hi DamoDLK,

Assuming you're in Sydney would you actually travel to sydney city centre to get these or would you really be bothered?

Twinnings? I thoughs Lyons/Barrys were te big ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eimearg85

Can anyone recommend any specific good banks to go with, cheapest etc? Would it be worth setting up before I leave Ireland? Also, is it possible to apply for TFN or is it too much hassle before I go? Leaving in Sept. Just trying to get a bit organised.

sorry, can't recommend any oz ones myself.

but ooh ooh ooh! Auckland beers, 3rd October!!!

heh, booked my tickets for a NOFX/Bad Religion gig yesterday, as well as plane tickets, cost just under $200 all up, which isnt *too* bad... still gotta sort out accommodation though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

eimearg85 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend any specific good banks to go with, cheapest etc? Would it be worth setting up before I leave Ireland? Also, is it possible to apply for TFN or is it too much hassle before I go? Leaving in Sept. Just trying to get a bit organised.

They're all robbing, thieving, b***rds like any other bank. I'm with Westpac. I think you need to set up bank account when you're here (show photo id and all that). Not too sure about TFN. Just don't go to visafirst to set up any of this.

Advertisement