Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

jank wrote: »
    If you are going on an ENS to your PR you dont need a skills assessment but have to be working here for 2 years with the same company. Thats my understanding of it.
    So 457 visa with a company, 2 years later you can go to PR via ENS. Much quicker, cheaper and less hassle.

Are you tied with that company for a length of time? Or do you get PR and you can leave the next day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

hussey wrote: »
    Are you tied with that company for a length of time? Or do you get PR and you can leave the next day?

I think you can leave, so the company is at risk losing you. I asked my place and they do it, so long I pay the fees myself.

By the way i am 95% sure of what I said but that is my understanding of it. That is why I asked why you had to go on a skills assesment even though you were going on the ENS PR but I think there is another subclass of that visa that you dont have to go for a skills assesment.

Edit found it here.
    http://www.irishecho.com.au/tag/employer-nomination-scheme-ens

The cavets are though you have to be on a 457 visa at least two years and working for the employeer for the last year of the current 457 visa. Also of course the employeer has to nominate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You could leave the next day, once you are in... You're in. There no conditions or restrictions.

The RSMS is different though and can revoked.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Just a heads up. I applyed for the 2nd year whv last week from Ireland. It was granted online in 90 minutes. Just arrived in australia today, i was questioned in immigration for 45 minutes, had to produce payslips and additional contact details of where i worked. Abn numbers on their own wont do. Apparently, they are checking alot more applications from abroad now.

Claasman wrote: »
    Just a heads up. I applyed for the 2nd year whv last week from Ireland. It was granted online in 90 minutes. Just arrived in australia today, i was questioned in immigration for 45 minutes, had to produce payslips and additional contact details of where i worked. Abn numbers on their own wont do. Apparently, they are checking alot more applications from abroad now.

Did they pull you into a room?

• Advertisement

I was brought into the immigration offices but not to the interview rooms. From my understanding, they had not done any previous checks on the abn numbers i supplied to get the visa granted in the first place.
    i saw the sign up for the 'boarder security currently being filmed here' aswell. No sign of the cameras though. Thank fcuk all went well...

Claasman wrote: »
    I was brought into the immigration offices but not to the interview rooms. From my understanding, they had not done any previous checks on the abn numbers i supplied to get the visa granted in the first place.
    i saw the sign up for the 'boarder security currently being filmed here' aswell. No sign of the cameras though. Thank fcuk all went well...

Welcome back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Good thinking keeping your payslips and other items.

Yeah. I was lucky i had them alright. I also had the form that you get the employers to fill, if you are doing the paper application, with signatures from the company. Does anyone know, if you get turned back at the boarder, do you have to pay your own flight home?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you are going on an ENS to your PR you dont need a skills assessment but have to be working here for 2 years with the same company. Thats my understanding of it.
    So 457 visa with a company, 2 years later you can go to PR via ENS. Much quicker, cheaper and less hassle.
    Its hardly cheaper considering the cost of a 457 is in there too!!!
    I was originally asking about ENS direct from WHV. So i'll need a skills assessment.
    If i got 457 first i'd say on that for the 4 years and see from there.
    mandrake04 wrote: »
    Does that 110/115 include the IELTS English test? If you do that its gets you 25 rather than the standard 15 for the Irish or Brit passport.

Yup, 25 for english test. The 5pts to bring it up to 115 include a defacto. so i'm actually 10pts short as it stands.
    Its annoying because thats going via Arch. assissant on the SOL, 40 pts. By the general definitions, my degree should be 50pts, even 60pts, but its a job title that hasn't been used in australia until the last year or so.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Its hardly cheaper considering the cost of a 457 is in there too!!!
    I was originally asking about ENS direct from WHV. So i'll need a skills assessment.
    If i got 457 first i'd say on that for the 4 years and see from there.

Maybe, but I didnt pay a cent for my 457 visa and the ENS after two years on the 457 doesn't include the skills assessment so that is a saving right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maybe, but I didnt pay a cent for my 457 visa and the ENS after two years on the 457 doesn't include the skills assessment so that is a saving right there.

Someone still had to pay for your 457
    and sure plenty of people get ENS visa paid for in full

Mellor wrote: »
    Someone still had to pay for your 457
    and sure plenty of people get ENS visa paid for in full

Maybe but its a bit pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

Hi all,
    I've been thinking of heading over to Oz sometime in the new year but at the minute its looking likely I may have to go alone since none of my friends have the cash for it.
    Is there any travel groups for people going it alone, cause i'm not sure if I want to travel all that way on my todd :(

Welcome to Boards and the AUSNZ forum.

Yeah the general idea we seem to get here is going on your tod is better.

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tif

Jbpc wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I've been thinking of heading over to Oz sometime in the new year but at the minute its looking likely I may have to go alone since none of my friends have the cash for it.
    Is there any travel groups for people going it alone, cause i'm not sure if I want to travel all that way on my todd :(

Hi Jbpc - my friend went with OZintro who are based in England and Sydney. They accommodate people traveling from Ireland and UK. They put you up in Sydney for 7 nights with other travelers and bring you on day trips/activities for all the travelers to get to know each other (for a fee of course). I am thinking of going myself end of Oct and was thinking of going with this crowd. My friend highly recommended them and said it was a brilliant way to meet fellow solo travelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Tif wrote: »
    Hi Jbpc - my friend went with OZintro who are based in England and Sydney. They accommodate people traveling from Ireland and UK. They put you up in Sydney for 7 nights with other travelers and bring you on day trips/activities for all the travelers to get to know each other (for a fee of course). I am thinking of going myself end of Oct and was thinking of going with this crowd. My friend highly recommended them and said it was a brilliant way to meet fellow solo travelers.
    Heading in March on my own for the 1st bit , so actually may look into that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yeah, life's kinda sucking here. posted in earthquake thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Jbpc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm going on my own in November for a year. I'm quite nervous about it but really excited about it 2. My biggest worry tbh is the length of the flight. Once that part is over I'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Rebel Boy wrote: »
    My biggest worry tbh is the length of the flight. Once that part is over I'll be grand.

Ah, you'll be grand. There'll be way too many brilliant movies to watch. You'll forget you're even on a plane!! :D

• Advertisement

Its official the amount of raining in Melbourne is now pi55ing me right off.

Even the demise of stage 3 water restrictions is not cheering me up.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Smashing day in Brisbane!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Great day in the Gong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Twas a Bit Nippy out in Tenterfield Last Night, but Tis a lovely day here in Brisbane:)

What is with Sydney and dickhead bouncers? Gez I thought Ireland were bad! NZ no problems what so ever.

Aussie bouncers are a breed apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

They are the same too in melbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Zambia232 wrote: »
    Aussie bouncers are a breed apart.

I had to do door work for 3 years during my apprenticeship to get more money in to pay for rent, car payments and general living beyond my means, i could not and did not do it for the final fourth year, (moved back home with mummy and daddy instead:D)

So from first hand experience im proud to announce that approximately 95% of all door men in Brisbane have the IQ of a two year old. there was a few good blokes who you could have a good laugh with

although im back doing it again in Cork for the same reasons i did it 15 years ago:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Timistry wrote: »
    They are the same too in melbourne

I actually think out of all the Australian cities they're by far the most lenient in Melbourne. Brisbane and Sydney are definitely terrible when it comes to bouncers though, I'm glad to be away from them!

• Advertisement

From Memory Kings Cross Doormen where shockers ...speaking of which is the Kings cross Hotel still open?

Advertisement