Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Just passed my Citizenship test this morning, 100% in 2m 13 secs didn't need the 45 minutes. LOL

Just awaiting my Ceremony date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Zambia232 wrote: »
    From Memory Kings Cross Doormen where shockers ...speaking of which is the Kings cross Hotel still open?

Yeah they actually revamped it into a super club, I think it is very fancy now and had 5 or 6 levels

I went there maybe 2 years ago when reopened and was impressed as it was nice.

Though with 24hr drinking and a lot more violence and gang issues in Sydney, I'm not shocked that people are shocking.

Most people complain bouncers don't have the 'craic' or something, but there are so many rules and regulations with drinking laws here, and when you have to deal with so many muppets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

They just seem to dumbasses that handle things like a 2 year old, which more often then not makes things worse and breads more agro and contempt.
    Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Star City doormen/security are the worse. They are terribly strict, when you compare it to the Crown, where they are non existant.

Was in a TAB yesterday, checkign football results.
    Caught a glimpse of the screen, next race was in Queenbeyan, I drove through there a week before hand so said i mgiht have a flutter. No.6 was called Gaelic Cloud. It's a sign I thought. Romped home by lengths, covered by drinking for the day plus change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Mellor wrote: »
    Star City doormen/security are the worse. They are terribly strict, when you compare it to the Crown, where they are non existant.

Caught a glimpse of the screen, next race was in Queenbeyan, I drove through there a week before hand so said i mgiht have a flutter. No.6 was called Gaelic Cloud. It's a sign I thought. Romped home by lengths, covered by drinking for the day plus change.

I wonder how many Paddies back that nag :p

• Advertisement

There was a horse called County Tyrone used to frequently run the gallops, think it is retired now. It was a bit hit and miss tbh but I would always put a few bucks on it for sentiment sake. Won the Sydney cup a few years ago at Randwick was paying something like $20. Missed that one damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mellor wrote: »

Awesome ....

Well Done Mandrake4 , how long does it take to get a ceremony?

Depends on my council as they run the ceremony up to 2-3 times a year depending on demand ...guy at DIAC says that I should have a date within 60 days, I told him I probably want to get the 26th January date as my GF wants to organise a party/Barbie at our place thats why I got in early he said the councils are pretty flexible in regards to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Awesome ....

Well Done Mandrake4 , how long does it take to get a ceremony?

Think there is a 6 months waiting list so maybe Paddy's day 2011?

I think the Bouncers in Sydney were a bit more over zealous than usual this weekend, the Police were running 'Operation Unite' aimed at reducing drink related violence. This was advertised all last week on the radio.

Bouncers were probably told by their management to tighten up on the potential offenders and patron numbers in premises because the Police would be all over the place.

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    Think there is a 6 months waiting list so maybe Paddy's day 2011?

Thats probably for Sydney, I am Hills Shire council.

I just checked the web site.

20th Sep
    15th Nov
    26th Jan

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Thats probably for Sydney, I am Hills Shire council.

I just checked the web site.

20th Sep
    15th Nov
    26th Jan

The general rule in Australia is go early

The general rule in Australia is go early

Should be alright, I was told that my council area does not have that a high demand for citizenship because its has a low immigrant population North of the Windsor road. I'm surprised about no St Paddies day because Castle Hill is twined with Wexford town, but then the only other Paddy I have ever met around there was Brian McFathead.

I think Parramatta run a big one every month, but that area is like spot the white man.

I was wondering why you were os specific with the date (jan 26th), took me a second to figure it out :D

I know all the councils out this side run them at least once a month, some months get two depending on the dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Traq wrote: »
    I actually think out of all the Australian cities they're by far the most lenient in Melbourne. Brisbane and Sydney are definitely terrible when it comes to bouncers though, I'm glad to be away from them!

Seriously? In all my time here I cant recall being point blank refused at the door from one bar or club, even if I was tanked. (Ive olnly been asked to leave maybe 3 odd times since I came here, and in fairness I was well past it).

Compare that to Dublin, **** messing you about for no reason whatsoever. Generally speaking doorstaff here are grand compared to home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I got bitten by a while tailed spider at the weekend (more than likely). It wasn't very nice! I had to take two days off work because I got horrible fluey symptoms. Feeling better now and the bite is healing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

rough...where did that happen Watna?

I'm surprised about no St Paddies day because Castle Hill is twined with Wexford town, but then the only other Paddy I have ever met around there was Brian McFathead.

OMG you have met Brian !!!!!:eek:

watna did the wound go really septic? When i arrived here I was constantl warned of the deadly White tail. Then after some reading realised it syptoms are what you described.

OMG you have met Brian !!!!!:eek:

Ha met him in Car park in Castletowers shopping centre, his missus mum lives just up the road from me. When he heard my accent he probably thought he was going to either get tortured or get a punch in the mouth.

Is it just me or are we getting more and more "get me out of here" posts ?

Cant be that bad back there can it?

• Advertisement

Is it just me or are we getting more and more "get me out of here" posts ?

Cant be that bad back there can it?

Its bad Zam was talking to a friend of mine on facebook the other night who is a public servant in Planning and they have now resorted to a lottery to determine who gets the chop.

On the other hand this morning I felt as if I was on the set of I'm a celebrity get me out of here

Jumped into the car this morning and found this hairy passenger looking at me with all 8 eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Its bad Zam was talking to a friend of mine on facebook the other night who is a public servant in Planning and they have now resorted to a lottery to determine who gets the chop.

On the other hand this morning I felt as if I was on the set of I'm a celebrity get me out of here

Jumped into the car this morning and found this hairy passenger looking at me with all 8 eyes.
    Fvck man :eek: Have yet to see any 'real' spiders over here, but I suspect I'll see a fair few as I head north :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Why??why did i click that link?? Damn it!! Almost fell out of my chair!

I have managed to get by only seeing a couple of those bastards thank god

Dont make me bring out the UTE spider pic again.

At least I was not in the ute at the time. That huntsman in the cabin would have really shocked me and I am not afraid of Spiders.

A lottery for jobs is really unfair as crap as it is each person should be assessed and the best kept. Or is that to logical for an Irish civil service??

anybody take part in the Sydney running festival.

did the bridge run myself, first time in any sort of event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

The AFL season is almost over! I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK FCUK FOR THAT, man its such a sh1te sport.

Not for me. However it ended last friday for me when the cats went out. Oh and well done mellor

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK FCUK FOR THAT

I'm pretty sure you don't...

Personally i think it's a great sport, love going to the games every weekend & have really gotten into it in my time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

The AFL season is almost over! I think I speak for everyone when I say THANK FCUK FOR THAT, man its such a sh1te sport.

Jonjo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Traq wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you don't...

Personally i think it's a great sport, love going to the games every weekend & have really gotten into it in my time here.

Me too, im not usually a sporting tyoe of guy, but ive been sucked into the world of AFL and i love it! Gonna be bored now till the pre-season starts.

Only cricket and soccer for the next 5 months :mad:

Advertisement