Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Finally Stopped Raining YAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Tis feckin amazin how quickly it dries up out there.

Mackman, you ned to put some of those Zipties in yer Helmet, apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Mackman, you ned to put some of those Zipties in yer Helmet, apparently

Of course! it makes so much sense........:confused:

Glad to hear it stopped raining, how's the Merc?

Mackman wrote: »
    Of course! it makes so much sense........:confused:
    585625.jpg
    Like that, Pedohile Glasses and Beard optional ;)
    Glad to hear it stopped raining, how's the Merc?
    I may have spoken too soon, looks like its gonna kick off again later tonight :(

The Merc is ROOOONT no other words for it,

But Thankfully the cruiser is holding its ground well.

Hey Anyone want a Free 300SE ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 locky2891

i'm leaving ireland because if i hear any more about the recession i'll tear my own ears off and because i've f**K all work :) i have my 1year whv and thinking of heading to perth i'm a 28 year old single plumber, anyone know what perth's like nightlife, workwise, where's best place to live, saw a couple of forums and some people say it's the most boring place in aus, others then say it's great craic! any help? locky ;)

locky2891 wrote: »
    i'm leaving ireland because if i hear any more about the recession i'll tear my own ears off and because i've f**K all work :) i have my 1year whv and thinking of heading to perth i'm a 28 year old single plumber, anyone know what perth's like nightlife, workwise, where's best place to live, saw a couple of forums and some people say it's the most boring place in aus, others then say it's great craic! any help? locky ;)

Perth's nightlife leaves a bit to be desired. If you live in the CBD then id say it would be better. Melbourne and Sydney are better, but they're about 3 times the size of Perth. Should be plenty of work here, more than over east i'd say. You cant beat the weather here though, sunshine 10 Months a year :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Welcome to Boards and Oz.

I know **** all about Perth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Finished with work, the apartment's pretty much all packed up, and now we're just waiting to hand the keys over on Saturday :) Then off we go up the coast! Port Stephens is the first stop, supposed to be fairly nice.

Just hope we get the weather...

Have fun ....Visit Mahatmas Water world

The new Mercedes Underwater Fun Zone I believe is not to be missed.

HaHaHa

Perth Rocked, I thought it had a rather Vibrant nightlfe meself, granted its all based around Northbridge, but I had some great nights out over there.

REports are cominin now that we Should expect the same again this wekend, a reprieve today and tomorrow, but come Thursday night that Front thats sweepin in from the West will dump on us again.

Oh a Clarification, the last Big Brisbane flood was apparently 74 not 73.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I'm looking into going to australia for a year or possibly longer next summer. Looking for admin/airport work - it's what I have most experience in. Where would offer most employment for me? Also i see that you have to change employer every 6 months - is there any way around this, as i'm sure it will be hard to find an employer to take me on for such a short time?

cheers mate.

Im hearing some talk of freemantle being the place to stay (pirates/old fire station hostels:confused:) and just spin in and out of perth for work. anyone any suggestions, cheers :D

Im hearing some talk of freemantle being the place to stay (pirates/old fire station hostels:confused:) and just spin in and out of perth for work. anyone any suggestions, cheers :D

Fremantle is one of my favourite places. it has a bit more culture and history than Perth. Very relaxed atmosphere. Kind of like Galway

kevinmcc wrote: »
    I'm looking into going to australia for a year or possibly longer next summer. Looking for admin/airport work - it's what I have most experience in. Where would offer most employment for me? Also i see that you have to change employer every 6 months - is there any way around this, as i'm sure it will be hard to find an employer to take me on for such a short time?
    Well not legally no.

Chances are you may not get to do what you are used to. But you will get something

Mackman wrote: »
    Fremantle is one of my favourite places. it has a bit more culture and history than Perth. Very relaxed atmosphere. Kind of like Galway

Sounds good to me so, i love galway. Ya because i was looking at vids of perth on youtube and the city centre looks pretty morbid, although northbridge didn't look too bad, thanks mate :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Heading on a road trip to the south coast of NSW, any ideas? Jervis bay is on the cards. Any other place worth seeing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

That video is very innacurate........the ferris wheel isnt there anymore.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Heading to Wellington on thursday! excited!!!

• Advertisement

Just about to head into aami stadium to watch england vs australia in the rugby league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

/
    Heading to Wellington on thursday! excited!!!

Was it everything you dreamed it would be?!

Got my crappy assignment finished and in on the Tuesdy, you'll be glad to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Heading to Melbourne this day week. Very excited but also very nervous.

Rebel Boy wrote: »

Melbourne's awesome, wish i was back there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Rebel Boy wrote: »

You might want to bring an inflatable life boat with you to get around in if this weather keeps up :(

Feck of rain!!!!

AAMI Staduim charged me 5 bucks for a plastic bag (rain cover) last night.... 5 Bucks I was so robbed.

Lucky I got the tickets free. AAMI Stadium is nice will definately consider going when the Union side starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

watna wrote: »
    /

Was it everything you dreamed it would be?!

Got my crappy assignment finished and in on the Tuesdy, you'll be glad to hear!

i loved wellington. my knee couldnt handle it very well, but welly was very fun. very pretty place, heaps of awesome art, and a bigger scene in most things than i'd gotten used to.

went from there to new plymouth, absolutely LOVE new plymouth!!!

if i had to stop living in chch, i think it'd be a toss up between dunedin and new plymouth. both quite the awesome.

Oh My Skull

Fukkin Melbourne Cup Lunch Tradition:D

Jaysus I am in bits this mornin

Oh My Skull

Fukkin Melbourne Cup Lunch Tradition:D

Jaysus I am in bits this mornin
    Suck it up Princess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I love New Plymouth too if there was only decent work there. Lots of great outdoors stuff nearby with Mt Egmont to play on.

Advertisement