Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 greenbrain

40 degrees Celsius today in sydney, too hot to go outside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Did anybody else almost die last night? Thought i was going to lose my mind this morning with the lack of sleep the last few days.
    Investment in a small air con unit will be looked at for next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

jank wrote: »
    Did anybody else almost die last night? Thought i was going to lose my mind this morning with the lack of sleep the last few days.
    Investment in a small air con unit will be looked at for next summer.

It was crazy last night. Seemed to get hotter as the night went on. Never experienced it as bad before. Some difference today thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Zambia wrote: »
    Well the folks are coming over in two months first visit.

The question is do I move Harry out of their room before they arrive?

Poor lad already lost a leg.

Holy ****..

There aren't loads of these things running around in Oz is there?? i'm heading to Melbourne next September, don't fancy running into one of those things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yes but they are not poisonous and help control other insects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Zambia wrote: »
    Yes but they are not poisonous and help control other insects.

Thats not reassuring. At all. I think my girlfriend would have a brain aneurysm if she saw one of them in the house!

*looks up spider repellent on google*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You can actually get spider repellent, can't you? I remember seeing some spray on tv that you could put on your doors and windows and cupboards and things. Do they work?

We only get little ones on NZ, although I did get bitten by a white tail a few months ago and got a nasty bite. I had two das off work because I had flu like symptoms and my leg swelled up. It wasn't fun! Felt really rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

watna wrote: »
    You can actually get spider repellent, can't you? I remember seeing some spray on tv that you could put on your doors and windows and cupboards and things. Do they work?

We only get little ones on NZ, although I did get bitten by a white tail a few months ago and got a nasty bite. I had two das off work because I had flu like symptoms and my leg swelled up. It wasn't fun! Felt really rotten.
    Cockraoch spray works on them, maybe not as a repellent, but will certainly kill them if you see them

This year in my house I have seen a record number of spiders - apart from any in my room - I kinda just ignore them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

****loads of spiders in Brisbane too. I walk on the roads at night to avoid low lying cobwebs between the trees on the footpath and those in the garden (I'm 6ft2).

Nailed a Huntsman recently that got into my flat with what probably ended up being half a can of insect killer. Sorted the ****er out pretty quick. Didn't realise how fast they were until that night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Huntsman here seems to have moved in behind the fridge, same as last place, tho there was more space behind it before, I hope he's OK witht eh iffy wirin n'all :O

I Needs a holiday, was away doen the farm at the Weekend n'all but still not the same, Today I found myself wearing a Poloshirt without a pocket, and when I went for a cigarette I decided to see what it was like to carry my Marlboro in the sleeve of My Tshirt:eek: I Feel it creeping up on me, this 'Aussie-ness' thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70569298#post70569298

thread over in vegetarian forum, i started it about a discusing I ahd with a friend regard eating kangaroo, might interest some here

Mellor wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70569298#post70569298

thread over in vegetarian forum, i started it about a discusing I ahd with a friend regard eating kangaroo, might interest some here

Well that went well :confused:

Well I had remove Harry from the house he moved in a bigger friend.

Wife was having none of two big huntsmans. It took half a can of Black flag to slow them down enough for me catch them.

Oh and Ben Eltons show is sh1t apart from the chic from the ANZ ads.

anybody interest in a ticket to the UFC in sydney on the 27th?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Do you have one or two tickets?

sorry just one going spare (know I said this in a pm already) but for anyone else looking

Hmm, big day today.
    Asking about sponsorship...

Nervous to say the least. Pretty much would be disgusted to have to pack up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Good luck Mellor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Goodluck

Good luck

if it starts to go arse over tit tho

You could try something like this

:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Hmm, big day today.
    Asking about sponsorship...

Nervous to say the least. Pretty much would be disgusted to have to pack up now.

How did you get on?

seconded mellor should we start measuring you for your box:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

Gorgeous day in Wellington today.

You can't beat this city when the sun's shining!

Gorgeous day in Wellington today.

You can't beat this city when the sun's shining!

Yep - the sun was splitting the rocks! I went out in the sun for a while down by the waterfront and then came home for a nap (my life is that exciting!). Fell asleep on the bed with the bedroom french doors wide open and the sun streaming in on me. I felt like I was on holidays on a tropical island or something. What a beautiful day!

sticky hot here In Brisbane, went to the Shoppin centres for the afternoon aircon, ended up with a Pair of shoes and a Safety razor, tis only coolin down now, People upstairs bought 3 Chooks and are talkin about a minature pig.

More importantly, Mellor??????

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

watna wrote: »
    Yep - the sun was splitting the rocks! I went out in the sun for a while down by the waterfront and then came home for a nap (my life is that exciting!). Fell asleep on the bed with the bedroom french doors wide open and the sun streaming in on me. I felt like I was on holidays on a tropical island or something. What a beautiful day!

I love the waterfront on a sunny day. Spent the afternoon there drinking beers outside one of the bars. Amazing weather.

Now all I need is for someone to give me a job!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Its not as bright in the mornings in Auckland anymore. The seasons are changing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

sticky hot here In Brisbane, went to the Shoppin centres for the afternoon aircon, ended up with a Pair of shoes and a Safety razor, tis only coolin down now, People upstairs bought 3 Chooks and are talkin about a minature pig.

Woke up late today because I was working late last night. Haven't ventured outside because of the heat, and now when I look west there's black clouds over Mt Coot-Tha. Gonna get wet!

EDIT - I can hear the storm now!

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭maracas

Anyone else in Perth finding it hard to get work,im a draftsman by trade but at this stage might be looking for some labour working.
    Getting pretty pissed off now sitting around doing nothing,nobody seems intrested when i tell them im on the last 6 months of a WHV but im open to staying on a permanent basis if they are happy with me.
    Nightmare!

• Advertisement

sorry for the delay, i wasn't online at the week as I was drinking all weekend to celebrate the boss saying he'll sponsor me :D:D:D:D

In bad news, was messing with one of the lads sunday morning and he pushed me off a stool, I fell and split my face open, had to get stitches

Advertisement