Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Holy C*** what a w@nker. Sorry to hear that Mahatma that's just pants

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

holy fcuk mahatma. sorry to hear about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Bad luck man, bit unfortunate to cop the ban. Its obvious that DIAC accepted that it was a genuine mistake and give you a 2nd chance to do the paperwork plus they give you a decent period to sort out your affairs which means they are fairly decent skin, did they put you on a bridging visa and make you book a flight?

You boss seems a real dog to drop you in it, hopefully he will catch a bad dose of something nasty in the pants area. Karma can be a real bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Hold up to f8ck.

Whats all this?
    Mahatma have you cut the crap out of your original post or something??

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

What the hell?! I saw a post from you Mahatma that said something about visa troubles a couple of days ago but that somehow got deleted.

Things seem to have taken a serious turn for the worse. Very **** of your boss if he just pulled the visa on you. Sorry to hear it mate. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

He Didnt 'Pull' the visa, Hew Never even bothered his Hole to submit the forms, I got a Second chance and He cocked around at that one too, No Profit in gettin me my citizensahip, Keeping me in limbo without the option to leave, that made him money.

I feel really really Fcukin Stupid, You see reports about all these Indonesians and 3rd worlders getting Shafted by unscrupulous employers and treated like slaves, and you think silly bastards why do you let that happen to yourselves, Then when it was happening to me I just kept the head down and allowed myself to believe His Bullhit that it would all work out fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

F'ckin hell mate, really sorry to hear that. He sounds like a right prick, dicking you about like that. Really feel for ya mate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Wow, that's fucking **** MC, what a dick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Maybe you take his car or ute for a ride, down a cliff maybe?

LOL

I have been contemplatin takin his Falcon to the Wreckers and Selling the Doors :pac:

• Advertisement

I call dibs on the spares is it a BA???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

So sorry to hear that Mahatama - what an absolute asshole. What are you going to do? Are you going back to Ireland or somewhere else?

Anyone else in Wellington feel the earthquake? 4.5 on the Richter scale and 40kms deep so it was just one quick jolt.

I was trembling - nerves are still a bit on edge, given the timing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

watna wrote: »
    Anyone else in Wellington feel the earthquake? 4.5 on the Richter scale and 40kms deep so it was just one quick jolt.

Yeah I felt it, pretty bad timing alright. I've been so nervous the past week & today was the first day I was feeling calm & had stopped worrying about earthquakes. At least it was only a little one or I'd really be freaked out!

Yep its a BA MKII.

Right now the 'Plan' is to head home gather my thoughts and start again somewhere else.

Earthquakes in Wellington now Too :eek: That kinda rules NZ off the list of potential Somewhere elses

could you get a WHV for NZ? Earthquakes aside.

Yep its a BA MKII.

Right now the 'Plan' is to head home gather my thoughts and start again somewhere else.

Earthquakes in Wellington now Too :eek: That kinda rules NZ off the list of potential Somewhere elses

It was only a really small one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Yep its a BA MKII.

Could you not apply for PR yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Sorry to hear that MC, on a positive note though you are leaving Oz just as autumn kicks so you can catch summer somewhere else! :)

Whats the story with the beamer?. How much ya looking?

over 30 so no WHV, can apply for PR but must be processed offshore, and theres the 3 year issue

BMW is an E34 535
    750 EURO Cash takes it away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

over 30 so no WHV, can apply for PR but must be processed offshore, and theres the 3 year issue

BMW is an E34 535
    750 EURO Cash takes it away.

3 year ban should not affect PR. But they will only accept lodgement once you leave Aus.

Tell ya what tho Lad

ya can say what ya like about the parasitic civil service bleedin the nation Dry, but the Foreign Diplomatic corp are Beyond reproach

I applied for an emergency Passport on Monday, and today I sit here holding it in my hand, glad to see there are still some organisations that take their job seriously

That I suspect is them worried about staff layoffs ' Bollix its the IMF everyone look busy.'

no, this is the same bunch of People that sent the LearJet to Lybia theres a good REASON THE bbc war correspondants get IRISH Pasports

So, another earthquake in Wellington last night. Anyone else feel it? It was at 2.19am. I woke up but went back asleep pretty much straight away when I realised it has only lasted a second. I feel like a true Wellingtonian!

I slept through it. Never mind earthquakes - it feels like my apartment's about to fall down from that crazy wind out there today. So this is that famous Wellington weather I was warned about!

Yeah - that's windy Wellington for you. You get used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Okay, been busy or just not with it enough to catch up with everyone's news lately, so forgive me if some of this is a bit old, but just reading through the last page on here, clicked the quote button a few times to respond to stuff people've said lately....

pclancy wrote: »
    What a week. Time to reflect. My nerves are shot and i don't even live in Christchurch.

Sorry, just refresh, where is it you are again? And what do you work at? :) My memory's shot.

Cheers anyway for sending the money down, it's been appreciated by a lot of affected people. Even just the food parcels are amazing, when it's all non-perishable, all the supermarkets our side of town are munted and I can't drive, it really is the little things that make life easier. Things like alcohol gel and facemasks and stuff in the parcels just help, they really do. People have been baking and sending food in - we got home made pikelets and gluten free chocolate chip cookies at various points. Seems a lot of people have been quite helpless and just doing the little they can, but it's the little thoughts that do really touch us.

Its so frustrating the way New Zealand is divided into two islands. Otherwise it would be so simple to drive down and help in some way. Anyways fair play to everyone thats trying to get on with things down there and be aware that we're all thinking of you and wishing you well!

I'm amazed at how many people did actually come down, it is prohibitively expensive, even the special deals to get outta Christchurch immediately after the quake, were $50 each, which is quite a lot of money, particularly in an emergency situation where you need every penny you've got, cos you don't know how long until you reach 'normality' again.

Must build cook strait-tunnel

I've been saying it since I got here :D

pclancy - I'm with you. I'm in Wellington but my nerves are also shot. Work is all about the earthquake at the moment and everyone is very tense and sombre. Even though is hasn't directly affected me it has affected my in a very real way. Everybody is on edge. We've been hanging out with our friends a lot over the last four days. Everyone just wants to be together.

Hope ye're doing okay up there, heard it's gotten a bit rumbly that way too. Hope to **** that nothing bad happens, since I got here, whenever I heard about earthquakes in NZ it was either Napier's one, or that Wellington was gonna get one and it was gonna be brutal cos everything was built on hills anyway. I think over 85,000 people have left Christchurch so far, can't blame any of them, but ****in hell, I can't understand the ones who went to Wellington.

Just hope if ye do have any more aftershocks, they're as deep as they have been (around 40ks, right?), it was the shallow ones that ****ed us up.
    We still don't even have portaloos. We don't *think* the Grand Chancellor has fallen/come down yet, we haven't heard of any particularly alarming news over the last few hours. So little information, it's almost less real, I think, but you can really see some people's nerves freying. I didn't sleep last night barely, was like an antichrist, and there were a few moments where a few people had to just stop and breathe and chill out. Today I feel just drained. Saw my reflection today for the first time in a while and I'm just so white, probably half shock and half just dust and stuff. It's all quite surreal here.

...I don't even remember writing that.

But yeah, we're officially homeless again, locked out of our own place on grounds of unsafe walls and live wires. We had power there, water has to be boiled everywhere and we'd no sewage system working. Am staying with different people different nights at the moment and my stuff is mostly in my mate's car, with some in another's garage, online flat hunting at the moment. Finally have a couple of good night's sleep behind me now, back to that complacant 'meh' kinda feeling during most aftershocks (I can't help but wonder if more people would have reacted differently or gotten out of where they were quicker if we'd had this quake first, cos aftershocks are really just a fact of life, how were we to know that it was a new quake?

Thinking strongly at this point of a holiday back to Ireland, away from the poo dust and the frayed tempers and the bleak hollow faces and eyes on so many people, away from all the grey silt and rubble on the streets, the portaloos, the bad news filtering in bit by bit, someone else we knew or had a connection to who's been found dead. Even just somewhere to use a toilet in peace, or get water without boiling it first, or open a paper without seeing more harrowing sights of familiar places you can't recognise. Even just wana go to a gig... the whole of central city is still cordoned off behind army guard, venues are either within there and can't function cos of the curfew, or squished. It's common to just saw something and then pause, followed by the word... "gone".
    Roads have a funny rollercoastery feel to them at points, some have waht look like unpainted speedbumps down mainroads, everyone is driving around 20-50ks everywhere, tehre's corners you dont use anymore cos though it's cordoned off, you dont trust the angles the building is leaning on to not land on you if you're stuck at the lights waiting to turn. Raw sewage going into the sea, can't even go for a surf.
    OK ITs Official

I'm going Home

Do not Pass go Do Not collect $200

Pinned my colours to the Wrong MAst :(

I Signed up to do this Job, a Job I have grown to hate, on the one promise that at the end I would have done my time and Qualified for Citizenship, It now Appears that my Employer never really had any intention of doing it, maybe not right from the Start, but somewhere around year 3 he Realised that once I COULD Leave I WOULD Leave, So he Fudged his end of the deal, and Bull**** to me, I Prostituted my Soul and did Things to people that Still make me :eek: all based on this empty Lie

I am SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF :mad:
    Anyone want to buy a BMW??????????
    He Didnt 'Pull' the visa, Hew Never even bothered his Hole to submit the forms, I got a Second chance and He cocked around at that one too, No Profit in gettin me my citizensahip, Keeping me in limbo without the option to leave, that made him money.

I feel really really Fcukin Stupid, You see reports about all these Indonesians and 3rd worlders getting Shafted by unscrupulous employers and treated like slaves, and you think silly bastards why do you let that happen to yourselves, Then when it was happening to me I just kept the head down and allowed myself to believe His Bullhit that it would all work out fine :(

**** man, how are you going with all that now? That all sounds complete BULL****, im so sorry you had such a **** experience. That's crap. ****in wanker. Nothing you can do to report him or anything like that? Or is it all technically legal and **** on his end?

Surreal. I remember going 'oh whoa, i slept through my first earthquake' when we got a 4.something in my first coulpe of years here... made headline news, everyone was talking about it. After september, everyone would feel the 4s and different aftershocks and try guess what number they were... now we dont even acknowledge them. It's so bizarre how your reactions change.
    Yep its a BA MKII.

**** that, I highly recommend New Zealand anyway, and **** knows we need people here now, all the support is necessary, help rebuild and reshape the place round here anyway. It's a great ****in country and you'll see that straight away if you saw some of the reactions to the quakes. Just do some research and find somewhere nice to be if you come here. I still think the pros outweigh the cons in being here. Sure the last 6 months have been insanely trying for me being made homeless in both quakes, but it's a great place to live and the people are great too.
    It was only a really small one :)
    So, another earthquake in Wellington last night. Anyone else feel it? It was at 2.19am. I woke up but went back asleep pretty much straight away when I realised it has only lasted a second. I feel like a true Wellingtonian!

:pac:

Crumble Froo, I think a holiday to Ireland would be a great idea, or even a holiday somewhere else in NZ away from Chch if you can't afford to go home, just to get yourself away from the madness for a while. Can't imagine the stress everyone's under there, hope you get back on your feet soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Well, the family are prepared to fly me there... but it's just dawned on me that there's a few gigs from overseas artists happening here that I will *not* miss.

Advertisement