Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Mellor wrote: »
    Yeah, makes sense. But clear level headed thinking ins't too easy when you realise you messed up are illegal.
    Last night I was a bit of a wreck, had to get a get one of the girls over to distract me.

Anyway, its ok now, although not perfect.
    Thanks for the support here everyone

Glad to hear you got sorted Mellor. From any dealings I've had with immigration they're usually pretty decent if you're upfront and honest with them.

Hope you manage to get out and enjoy a pint this evening to celebrate now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,336 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Traq wrote: »
    Glad to hear you got sorted Mellor. From any dealings I've had with immigration they're usually pretty decent if you're upfront and honest with them.

Hope you manage to get out and enjoy a pint this evening to celebrate now :)
    Plan was to go off the drink as I haven't got much money saved. Didn't lst long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm fecking sick of the weather. This is going to sound bizarre but i just wish it would make it's mind up. It was roasting yesterday and I wasn't preapred for it at all. Either it's summer or autumn, you have to pick one Wellington - none of this back and forth business. I hate this time of year - I hate it in Dublin too. You're either too hor or cold because it's impossible to dress for the weather.

Grrrr! (yes, I am having a bad day :))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Flyin home on Thursday.

Beer and BBQ at my gaff in BNE tomorrow if anyone wants to make sure I'm gone :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Flyin home on Thursday.

Beer and BBQ at my gaff in BNE tomorrow if anyone wants to make sure I'm gone :D:D:D

Its a real shame.

I wish I could see you off.

I hope that guy gets whats coming to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

In Sydney on my way to Dublin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Don't be a stranger Mahatma. Safe Home

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭doriansmith

In Sydney on my way to Dublin!!!

Sweet! Have a great time :D

Aw hells yeah!

NZ work visa just came through with an expiry date in 2016.

Christchurch, here I come.

Aw hells yeah!

Congrats :)

• Advertisement

Sweet! Have a great time :D

Fuckin A I will!!!
    Aw hells yeah!

WOOO!!!! Yay for people excited about coming to Christchurch!!!! Most think I'm nuts that I wana go back! When do you get there? What'll you be working at? Anything you wana know, you know you only gotta ask, and we'll have to do another mini-Chch beers again! (I think it was just me and jank last time) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Marwyn

Newbie posting from way down south. Why didnt we get summer? Why is Day Light Saving just about over?

Arrrgk the months go too fast, time to buy wood and dirty old coal.

Marwyn wrote: »
    Newbie posting from way down south. Why didnt we get summer? Why is Day Light Saving just about over?

Are you in College town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Marwyn

Are you in College town?

Nope, furrrrrther south

Arsehole of world?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Hey Crumble Froo,
    Hows the trip home treating you?

Any chance you would hide me in your suitcase when you head back down? :D
    Its kinda strange the way after reading all your post, I kinda feel like I know you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 celticraven

Marwyn wrote: »

ditto! we had no summer this year, I want my money back!!

but, next we'll be whinging about where all the darned snow is ;)

ditto! we had no summer this year, I want my money back!!

but, next we'll be whinging about where all the darned snow is ;)

Move North!
    The folks had such a bad drought in Wanga-vagus their water tanks ran dry! The almost then ran out of beer for using it as a water replacement!

I think you'll find it's Whanga-Vegas now. :D

Seriously, that's where my father-in-law lives - not my favourite place in the world. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

15 minutes of fireworks going off there at South Bank.

Anyone know what it was for? Can't find anything on the net.

Sounded impressive!

• Advertisement

watna wrote: »
    I think you'll find it's Whanga-Vegas now. :D

Seriously, that's where my father-in-law lives - not my favourite place in the world. :)

No you still have a choice between Whanga or Wanga, even the local Iwi cant decide, something about they pronounce Wh as "waa" while other parts of the country pronounce Wh as "F" that said the river is definately Whanganui.

There are some good things about Wanganui.....
    The Great North Road,
    The Parapara Road,
    State Highway three out past Kaitoke! :D;)

Thats mad, if the FIL lives there does that mean your partner is from the area?

kiwipower wrote: »
    Hey Crumble Froo,
    Hows the trip home treating you?

Any chance you would hide me in your suitcase when you head back down? :D
    Its kinda strange the way after reading all your post, I kinda feel like I know you!

Aww, loving it at home, lots of chance to catch up with family and family seems to be in a weird kinda space at the moment now, so it's good to know i've been here.

Haha, boards has that effect sometimes, I tend to be pretty open and if you're anywhere near Dublin, you're more than welcome out for a drink some night, can meet up and talk about the old country and figure out how to fit you and my Lyons teabags in my suitcase :pac:

Move North!
    The folks had such a bad drought in Wanga-vagus their water tanks ran dry! The almost then ran out of beer for using it as a water replacement!

pml :D

I used to live there when I was a wee lass, and the vicious swans at the lake mentally scarred me for life!;)
    Think I'll stay put for a bit longer, at least our ground stays still, and water stays in the river. Not much difference between winter and summer though... *big martyred sigh* but then by the looks, that could just be preparing me for a lovely trip to Ireland :p

No you still have a choice between Whanga or Wanga, even the local Iwi cant decide, something about they pronounce Wh as "waa" while other parts of the country pronounce Wh as "F" that said the river is definately Whanganui.

There are some good things about Wanganui.....
    The Great North Road,
    The Parapara Road,
    State Highway three out past Kaitoke! :D;)

Thats mad, if the FIL lives there does that mean your partner is from the area?

Not really - he's from South Africa and emigrated to NZ when he was 16. He only lived in Wanganui for a year and then hot-footed it to Wellington! His father has lived there since they got here though.

Aww, loving it at home, lots of chance to catch up with family and family seems to be in a weird kinda space at the moment now, so it's good to know i've been here.

Haha, boards has that effect sometimes, I tend to be pretty open and if you're anywhere near Dublin, you're more than welcome out for a drink some night, can meet up and talk about the old country and figure out how to fit you and my Lyons teabags in my suitcase :pac:

Thats fantastic that the trip is going well!
    I'd say the whanau are please to just be able to hug you and know you are safe and well!!! (Not to mention the jaw breaking smiles after not seeing each other for a few years)

Unfortunatly dont get to Dublin very often. But maybe one day a Tui in NZ? Ya kinda strike me like my (Irish) old man... Getting more Kiwi than the All Blacks day by day!!!! :D

Yeah I think Lyons teabags, Ballymaloe Relish, Helmans Mayo and Black Pudding might have to take priority! PG tips and Bell just dont make the grade! I always tend ta find some room for a litre of Uncles "Holy Water" ;) and Aunties homemade Christmas Pudding to! :D

pml :D

I used to live there when I was a wee lass, and the vicious swans at the lake mentally scarred me for life!;)
    Think I'll stay put for a bit longer, at least our ground stays still, and water stays in the river. Not much difference between winter and summer though... *big martyred sigh* but then by the looks, that could just be preparing me for a lovely trip to Ireland :p

Ya think them swans are bad.... Wait till you get to the Claddagh in Galway! (And yes that is a compulsory stop! But do remember what I was told when I turned up there for a 6month contract.... Galway is the graveyard of all travel ambition!!)
    watna wrote: »
    Not really - he's from South Africa and emigrated to NZ when he was 16. He only lived in Wanganui for a year and then hot-footed it to Wellington! His father has lived there since they got here though.

Would ya belive that Wanganui was a step up from where I lived the first 18 years of my existance!? Wangas could of been a great town, origionally Massey Uni was suppose to have gone to Wanganui, but the town leaders in their wisdom turned it down! :mad::( Would have been a way better Student town than Palmy what with the better weather and the river. Still it is a bit forgotten in time!

do remember what I was told when I turned up there for a 6month contract.... Galway is the graveyard of all travel ambition!!)

:eek:

I am starting to think that just stepping foot in Ireland might prove that! :D

Interesting piece of info about Massey - I'm currently doing some extramural study with them :)

:eek:

Interesting piece of info about Massey - I'm currently doing some extramural study with them :)

Me too - I'm on my third paper - one more to go after this. Working full time and studying is a right pain in the bum. It's not a bad system though if you want to get more qualifications - the choice of extramural papers is great.

Yes, although my choice of subject is almost exhausted, and I've had to do a bit of delving into other topics to make up the points. But I do love being able to learn while I'm nowhere near the varsity campus, and hopefully one day soon it will all mean something.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Arsehole of world?

inver-vegas?:rolleyes:

Advertisement