Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoD4 console equivalent of "alias"

• 10-08-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

In the olden HL and Quake days, you could type "alias hi say hello there", then any time you typed "hi" in the console you would say hello there publicly. I don't see any Alias command in CoD4 and I'm wondering if there's something similar.

Just so you know, I know about BIND, and it won't help in my situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I dunno tbh, but why would you want to do that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good name epic tissue.
    I don't know if cod4 has linux like capabilities like alias...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I dunno tbh, but why would you want to do that?

well, maybe there's another one to achieve my aims... I have about 4 servers that I regularly join. But I can only ever get one of them to show up in my server browser :/
    So what I was going to do was something like:
    "alias s1 connect 123.123.123.123:12345"

Then any time I open CoD4, I can just pull the console and type s1 to connect. If it's full, I just type s2, and so on...

I could probably do something like this with parameters in the shortcut, but I'd rather not have four shortcuts for it, and have to exit and reenter the game to try different servers :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Use the all seeing eye, enter teh four ip's into a list, it will then show you how many players are in each server, your ping, the map etc. You click which one you want, it opens cod4 and joins the server. I like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

seta hi "say Hello There"

seta s1 "connect 234.242.656.232:34354; password bleh"

hf

• Advertisement
Advertisement