Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No speed increses ??????

Options
  • 10-08-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hello all

i was just curious did anyone else get no speed increase on the 9th august. I did'nt anyway and my exchange in Clones Co. Monaghan was meant to be upgraded on that weekend. Or is that it may take a few days until your speed starts to increase???

imagine broadband 2mb at present 1841/208
    meant to be upgraded to 3mb still no change with broadband speed.

help me out anyone please.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭guil

have ya rebooted the router, i think it has to re sync with the exchange for the upgrade to take effect

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

your not syncing at the full 2mb that could be the reason, it should be 2048/256

try with only the modem connected and see if it syncs at anything higher

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

Some upgrades will happen a bit later in this week due to the bad weather conditions over the weekend. Eircom confirmed this, so it will happen at some stage this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I got no upgrade either, am still syncing at 2048/256 and Dunshaughlin was supposed to be upgraded at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

If your 2mbit line is syncing at 1841/208 you have probably been upgraded and your phone line is just not capable of any more than that. Try disconnecting everything else in the house (sky boxes, other phones anything connected to the phone line) and plugging the modem into the main socket where the phoneline comes into the house and see is there any difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

I upgraded to the 7.6Mb package, agent also confirmed this would be done at the weekend, only had the 1mb package before this.

My Download speed is 5mb, tested earlier and later today on 2 different sites and my upload speed says 500 although both times on the other site it said 300 but either way when i download something now im getting a download speed of between 100-200 kbs/s is this correct, dosent seem much faster than what i used to have but im not sure.

I have sky and 1 other phone connected but surely that wouldnt make much difference to downloading, its a real pain to d/c them the way their setup.

Edit// actually ive another pc networked and its sole job is to run a poker client open 16 tables and mine that data into a database, obviously would effect my download speed but i thought id see a huge increase going 1mb to 5mb

Advertisement