Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second 1 year visa

• 10-08-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I got a 1year visa back in 2004 and only stayed in Australia for one month (long story but i had to come home early) and never went back on that visa. Now my friends are heading over on a year visa and i wantr to go. Been told both ways that i can and can't get another year visa. Anyone know if i can???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Mousie wrote: »
    I got a 1year visa back in 2004 and only stayed in Australia for one month (long story but i had to come home early) and never went back on that visa. Now my friends are heading over on a year visa and i wantr to go. Been told both ways that i can and can't get another year visa. Anyone know if i can???

No you cant but if you should be owed the remianing time on the Visa 11 months. As long as you still meet the age requirement I dont think it will be an Issue. Best you contact the aussie Embassy and ask. But I am confident they will be ok with it. I was able to cliam back a month I was out of the country for on my one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mousie wrote: »

No you can't get a 2nd year WHV, you simply do not qualify. You can however get a 3 month holiday visa (and can extend it by another 3 months) you cannot work on this visa, but if you want to travel then this is the way to go.

But a 2nd year visa is a no-no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Zambia232 wrote: »
    No you cant but if you should be owed the remianing time on the Visa 11 months. As long as you still meet the age requirement I dont think it will be an Issue. Best you contact the aussie Embassy and ask. But I am confident they will be ok with it. I was able to cliam back a month I was out of the country for on my one.

This sounds dubious but can anyone verify it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You would have gotten back into the country for your 1 month, but that'd be on the 3 month holiday visa? The OP won't get in for 11 months. AFAIK you get one WHV and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is wrong. You would have gotten back into the country for your 1 month, but that'd be on the 3 month holiday visa? The OP won't get in for 11 months. AFAIK you get one WHV and that's it.

Like I said I had a 1 year holiday Visa I did not use 1 month of that visa. At the end of that visa I claimed back that one month.

And as i said that was a while ago the aussie embassy is the place to ask this question. Plus your visa will have to be re-issued on the passport. So even if this does sound dodgy there is no harm in trying. Either you get your 11 month or you dont if you dont well then thats it i agree there is no second 1 year Visa:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Like I said I had a 1 year holiday Visa I did not use 1 month of that visa. At the end of that visa I claimed back that one month.

And as i said that was a while ago the aussie embassy is the place to ask this question. Plus your visa will have to be re-issued on the passport. So even if this does sound dodgy there is no harm in trying. Either you get your 11 month or you dont if you dont well then thats it i agree there is no second 1 year Visa:(

Maybe it's different for brits??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I agree. Your best bet is to see what the embassy say. They'll give you your options.

Advertisement