Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where is KdjaCL

• 10-08-2008 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Guys hasnt been on boards since 13-06-08 , now i know we have a life outside of boards etc , but its very un-usual not to hear from him anyone wanna drop him a text see if everything is okay..

/looking at seansouth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hes posted on foot.ie a bit since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Yeah had a look at that myself , maybe he is banned from boards. Either way at least he's still about anyway. Also at the same time we dont have to listen to his St pat rubbush :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

But he is a Mod here, so he is hardly banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Met him in Cork a few weeks ago, asked him the same question. Doesn't have the time to be online all the time any more etc was his answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Is OP eyeing up Kdjac's soccer modship? ;)

• Advertisement

To be fair then if it is the case he isnt online as much, not to sound like a knob, but surely his position as mod on the soccer forum is un tenable. Maybe a temporary replacement would in fact be appropiate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I Vote Van Zuylen ;)

No not me :( I wouldnt be eligible :)

But surely there is someone from the upper echelon who could fill the role in the interim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Ugh fine I'll do it:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Van Zuylen wrote: »
    No not me :( I wouldnt be eligible :)

But surely there is someone from the upper echelon who could fill the role in the interim.

if this thread is about requesting a new mod for the forum, then really it should be in feedback.

as for KdjaCL. people go afk all the time for various reasons. i just hope it's for nothing serious.

• Advertisement

Ah I dont think bringing such matters out to feedback would be good, not good all the time bringing soccer out to the open world.

this thread has noting to do with requesting a new moderator , But a slight concern I had for one of the members here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

maybe he will be back when the Season returns to mod it up, others have dissapeared for months, cant remember the last JoeSoap post ive seen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

maybe he will be back when the Season returns to mod it up, others have dissapeared for months, cant remember the last JoeSoap post ive seen here.

His seasons coming to the run-in:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah he hasn't been around in a while but he's still very much alive! Real life and all that (i.e. he's got himself a bird! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

KdjaCL informed us a few week ago that he had some real life things that would limit his time on boards.ie. He may or may not have more time when the soccer season restarts, we'll talk to him about it then.

We have T4TF, PHB, Dub13 and myself currently active, which is the most active mods the soccer forum has had since I was appointed. In addition, we have Ruggiebear to help if we request.

If we appoint another soccer mod, it won't be through the feedback forum :). We tend to spot potential soccer mods long before we need to fill a vacancy and discuss candidates with the admins. I already have someone in mind for such suggestion.

Seansouth for mod!

bohsman wrote: »
    Seansouth for mod!

I think you missed my key point in the mod appointment process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This is not a democracy or a popularity contest. If there is to be a mod (and at the moment it is not looking likely) then it will not be happening as a result of this thread.

GuanYin wrote: »
    I think you missed my key point in the mod appointment process.

Not being banned?

• Advertisement

No. we have mods who have been banned from soccer on board.

No. we have mods who have been banned from soccer on board.

Yeah, thats my bad. I think I said that before just to kill a thread. Lying to guys to shut them up is an artform :p.

I guess that the cat is out of the bag on that one.

I didn't start this thread to criticise Kdjac for not been around but to express a concern as to why he hadnt been on boards for a while and if someone knew if everything is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Sarge wrote: »
    I didn't start this thread to criticise Kdjac for not been around but to express a concern as to why he hadnt been on boards for a while and if someone knew if everything is ok.

Dont lie, you reckoned you could slip a coup in the back door.:)

Stekelly wrote: »
    Dont lie, you reckoned you could slip s coup in the back door.:)

LOL !!! This is one job that i definitely don't want.

Sarge wrote: »
    LOL !!! This is one job that i definitely don't want.
    ah the auld ruling yourself out to rule yourself in trick, don't think we aren't smart enough to spot that one Sarge ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Modding is so last month.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I nominate estebancambias.

It would be like a made-for-TV Disney movie where he would get himself into all sorts of hilarious, calamitous capers. Similar to mayor Adam West in Family Guy, where esteban keeps reminding everyone of the time he played for Roma.

We're not accepting nominations. Is there a brain disease on this thread?

In any case, if we picked someone, it would be someone with previous modding experience but not too many forums. Maybe a recent ex-AH mod for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just to dispel this myth, I was never officially banned, I was briefly banned but it was rescinded :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement