Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Famous Boomerang

Options
  • 10-08-2008 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any help on a problem im having for a few years.
    Ive tried a lot of places and cant get any videos of Eddie Macken and his famous horse Boomerang.
    Ive heard so much about this horse and some of his great achievements ( such as, when he was jumping the big wall against Harvey Smith and Harvey got them to put the wall up higher, he knocked it and boomerang glided over it like a breeze) however im too young to remember this horse and would love to see any videos of him.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I think I might have a video tape of some of the 3 in a row Aga Khan team in my attic, if I can find it I'll contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gameshotpro

Any luck findind them vids. Ive still had no joy finding any

Sorry, forgot all about it. I'll do it this week. Thats if Listowel doesn't take over!

Found the video. Its of the 79 Aga Khan, just one round from Boomerang though.
    Sending you a pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 markkeane

Hi,

If you are still seeking a video of Boomerang and Eddie Macken try RTE Television sport. They would have it stored in their archives, I'm sure.
    You could also try the Showjumping Assoc of Ireland who may be able to give you a lead.

The commentator back then was Brian McSharry, not sure where he is now but you could try RTE sport.

The commentator nowadays is the guy who does the RTE racing presentation with Ted Walsh.

Best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

markkeane wrote: »
    Hi,

The commentator nowadays is the guy who does the RTE racing presentation with Ted Walsh.

Best of luck
    Robert Hall and brother John

Advertisement