Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband "looking up" for about 10 seconds before loading pages

Options
  • 10-08-2008 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

any ideas what may be causing this ?

got eircom broadband a week ago but I going to cancel order because of this problem

speed is OKish (speedtest always gives about 1mb) but when surfing there will often be a pause of 5-10 seconds while "looking up" a page, some times it takes 10 seconds, others no delay (on same page) very annoying

I have clearwire aswell and can switch to that, I do not have the same problem with clearwire

though it might be caused by some security on my computer but have disabled my firewall (comodo), uninstalled spybots s&d, and turned off avg resident shield and link scanner, and still same problem

any ideas what may be causing it ? could it simply be my line is bad (I was told it was "amber light" when ordering ie not 100% certain it would work)

Comments

Advertisement