Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ever happened to guys and gals with proper names??

• 10-08-2008 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Really though guys what the hell ever happened to people having awesome names. I personally prefer to cheer Mr Perfect than Mike Thompson. Great names which set up a character. Papa Shango or Chuck Palumbo?? Are you getting it yet people. I blame one person for this and its Tito Santana. Oh my god my hatred runs deep for that useless waste of time. He was wrasslin' at a time where we had the macho man, the milion dollar man. Hell even the brooklyn brawler had a gimmick. But he started it all well i would like to think. He is responsible for us cheering on the the garrison cades (actually i dont think anyone is cheering for him bad example), billy gunn..!! Need i say more. Maybe the reason tito started this trend is maybe rick martel stole his name (its kinda scary they do look alike). Yes im sure there are fanboys out there who will probably post names of people with just there names and make it work.
    And finally, thanks a lot tito santana what a fine legacy you left.
    P.S. Imagine. A father looks at his child and says " look there is Mark Calloway" it just wounldnt work. What he can say because tito is gone. Look there is The Undertaker.

Comments

is this the same G-Money i know as chokeslamcena...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GMoneyV1 wrote: »
    Really though guys what the hell ever happened to people having awesome names. I personally prefer to cheer Mr Perfect than Mike Thompson. Great names which set up a character. Papa Shango or Chuck Palumbo?? Are you getting it yet people. I blame one person for this and its Tito Santana. Oh my god my hatred runs deep for that useless waste of time. He was wrasslin' at a time where we had the macho man, the milion dollar man. Hell even the brooklyn brawler had a gimmick. But he started it all well i would like to think. He is responsible for us cheering on the the garrison cades (actually i dont think anyone is cheering for him bad example), billy gunn..!! Need i say more. Maybe the reason tito started this trend is maybe rick martel stole his name (its kinda scary they do look alike). Yes im sure there are fanboys out there who will probably post names of people with just there names and make it work.
    And finally, thanks a lot tito santana what a fine legacy you left.
    P.S. Imagine. A father looks at his child and says " look there is Mark Calloway" it just wounldnt work. What he can say because tito is gone. Look there is The Undertaker.

Im highly confused about the point your trying to make here?

Any chance of a re spin?:o

Im highly confused about the point your trying to make here?

Any chance of a re spin?:o

He thinks regular names suck and gimmick names are better.

I agree to an extent. Triple H sounds better than randy orton. Kane sounds better than Garrison Cade. Ultimate Warrior sounds better than Ken Kennedy.

However, its 2008. Most wrestlers are just characters and not exaggerated gimmicks these days anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up.. :)
    but.
    Back in the day everything was a pantomime, so character names fitted into the backdrop with, what was, a circus!

but today with things needing to be "real", then full, real names sounds more believable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I agree to an extent. Triple H sounds better than randy orton. Kane sounds better than Garrison Cade. Ultimate Warrior sounds better than Ken Kennedy.

I disagree with all three. Except for Garrison...Lance sounds fine though

Some of the IWW names are a bit ridiculous at this stage. Although their real names would probably sound very ordinary anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

Thanks for the point. To refine my point slightly.. let me say i dont think anyone should be called the ballymun burgomaster. (i love spell check). It is the same gmoney by the way. Yeah but randy orton is known as the legend killer and angle the Olympic gold medalist. But tito santana is a Mexican Gardner. ( i mean no disrespect by this). I get that its lets circus nowADAYS but come we suspend disbelief for 4 hours a week and by pay per views. Tis aint UFC this is wrasslin' and tito santana started it.(that is the last reference i shall make towards him).

let me say i dont think anyone should be called the ballymun burgomaster.

:D

Some of the IwW names, are well, something else.

The ideas of Madman Manson, Mandrake, JC Williams are ok i guess, but they are the best IwW have to be honest.
    Does anyone know how they develop names in IwW? is it determined by "creative" or the wrestlers themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Brian Kendrick or Spanky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mandrake

Quack, quack

Cant wait for the day we see the wrestler with the name Jesus Christ Son of God. There would be eyebrows raised what would his finisher be??? Uum?? Ideas? I hate you tito santana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Tito Santana is a great name ... rolls off the tongue ... it's almost lyrical.

But I agree to a degree ..... some of the names WWE are giving to new stars are pretty bad.

Curt Hawkins, Jack Ryder, Evan Bourne, and Braden Walker are recent examples of some of the horrible names that have been stuck on wrestlers recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Cant wait for the day we see the wrestler with the name Jesus Christ Son of God. There would be eyebrows raised what would his finisher be??? Uum?? Ideas? I hate you tito santana

Em..The crucifix?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Cant wait for the day we see the wrestler with the name Jesus Christ Son of God. There would be eyebrows raised what would his finisher be??? Uum?? Ideas?

It would without doubt be the Razors Edge renamed the Crucifixion or something along those lines

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Second Generation Superstar.

Mary Magdelene is the divas champion..

Advertisement