Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3 Month Car Wash / Detail

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I appreciate it but it's a little crazy aswell.. I mean how could you find time to do all this. Perfectionist if I ever saw one..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I think he wants people to know that it's the Nurburgring edition!

Sweet mother of jesus that's perfection at OCD levels. I would consider myself an anal b*stard when it comes to attention to detail but this guy is mad. All that work and he's still left with an Astra. The OPC (VRX) is a cracking little car, but the money this guy must have spent on all the mods and upgrades probably would have bought him a 911, F430, R8 etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Still looking at all the pictures... insane.

The car is cracking stock... talk about OCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Way too much time on his hands.
    Is he one of those people who likes to make love to his car?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Utter, utter OCD.

However, if I had a 'nice' car I would probably pay for someone else to detail it. Would never have the time/energy to do it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

OCD :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

robbie99 wrote: »
    OCD :confused:
    Obsessive Compulsive Disorder .. the kind of people who make sure all their tins of baked beans in the kitchen press are all line up with the labels facing the right way :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I like the idea of making the car more sporty by adding weight to it! :D
    I wonder if it will ever see the ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Mad?

More like psychotic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Dave147 wrote: »
    I appreciate it but it's a little crazy aswell.. I mean how could you find time to do all this. Perfectionist if I ever saw one..
    A little? He must cry bitter tears when he drives the thing - "Oh the contaminants!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

He doesn't seem even vaguely interested in driving it.

Nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

If I had that much time and cash I could handle a dose of OCD

kbannon wrote: »
    I like the idea of making the car more sporty by adding weight to it! :D
    I wonder if it will ever see the ring?

Ha, thought that too. Although that gash racing stripe should compensate for the excess weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

lifted from some other forum...
    Originally Posted by SniffPetrol
    There was anger this week in one of those bland new-build houses with a criss-crossy brick driveway that all people who post photos of their cars on the internet seem to live in as a tedious car geek annoyingly overused the word ‘detail’.

Spip Misby, a 27-year-old IT consultant who lives with his mum and dad, has long been obsessed with ‘detailing’ his Audi A3 but sources close to the Misby household say his irritating habit of using a strangely meaningless word to describe what is essentially the act of washing and then polishing something has now reached unacceptable heights.

‘Frankly it was bad enough when he just crapped on about “detailing” his bloody car again,’ said his father, Jennifer. ‘But when he announced that he was going to reward his mother’s dinner-making efforts by “detailing” the dirty dishes that was the final straw’.

Spip’s sister, David, was quick to add to her father’s ire. ‘My brother seems to mistakenly believe that the word “detailing” is a synonym for “really cleaning something” . Except I’ve checked in the dictionary and as far as I can work out, “detailing” actually refers to small decorative features on a building, work of art or other object and in no way means spending all pissing weekend rubbing a sponge and some cloths over your stupid twatting car’.

Spies in the Misby camp say that following the “detailing” of dirty pans and crockery, Spip retired to the bathroom to spend a typically suspicious amount of time in the shower, probably ‘detailing’ his cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

"Anal" is the term that comes to mind, if ever there was a bloke that needs
    a girlfriend...

I particularly liked:
    Now i then spotted a problem on the roof which i was really unhappy about...A small paint blob about half a mm in size but none the less its there probably a spit from the spray gun...

and after discussion we realised that without looking really hard it was not visible to the eye without knowing it was there so i accepted it as rejecting the car now would be difficult...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Must have cost him a fortune. What's up with getting wax in a fancy wooden box like! I think the white wheels suited it a bit better. Does he not work? He seemed to be doing stuff to the car every day. And how did he get around while he kept that locked in his garage :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The guys a nutter...de-badging the car to clean behind it....wonder does he remove his shirt buttons before putting in the wash

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I dont know why, but I just cannot like or even appreciate anything Opel/Vauxhall do since they replaced the Calibra with the Tigra.

Kinda sickening that someone would spend that much time and resources on a new car (50l of bottled Reverse Osmosis Water in one wash...) and it still looks like a Halfords special edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the rather fanatical attention to detail involved. If I won the euromillions, I'd pay him to live in my garage and polish stuff.

Provided I didn't have to interact with him of course. I suppose the butler could feed him.

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    What's up with getting wax in a fancy wooden box like!

Did I read it correctly when it said that that box of wax cost £10,000.00, or was he saying that he spent £10k in total on wax for the car. Either way it's crazy. He could have re-sprayed the car for that kind of money, twice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    He could have re-sprayed the car for that kind of money, twice!

Yes, but then he would have to start waxing all over again. It's obvious the guy is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, could you imagine his reaction to a rainy day? Or following a truck on a motorway, or having to just drive it in the real world?

Apart from the bags of cash wasted on this car the real shame is that it will remain as a garage queen and will likely never be driven much more than from the garage onto the back of a truck when going to shows.

Could just imaging this guy sitting behind a truck on a dirty old road on a rainy day, would think it would be a bit of a rainman moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Did I read it correctly when it said that that box of wax cost £10,000.00, or was he saying that he spent £10k in total on wax for the car. Either way it's crazy. He could have re-sprayed the car for that kind of money, twice!

Yeah the box of wax is worth £10,000, but he doesnt own it.

He is a friend of Paul Dalton, from Miracle Detail (most expensive car wash in the world on Fifth Gear) is the guy who formulated the wax so he was just using his.

I think its actually just the swarovski crystal box that takes up a lrage chunk of the cost.

While it think its a little over the top you do have to admire the attention to detail. This especially caught my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭irish.rugby.fan

Apart from the bags of cash wasted on this car the real shame is that it will remain as a garage queen and will likely never be driven much more than from the garage onto the back of a truck when going to shows.

Could just imaging this guy sitting behind a truck on a dirty old road on a rainy day, would think it would be a bit of a rainman moment!

No he actually uses the car as his daily driver. He does however wash it 2-3 times per week! and washes hos wheels 4-5 times a week!

No he actually uses the car as his daily driver. He does however wash it 2-3 times per week! and washes hos wheels 4-5 times a week!

Crikey! Where the hell does he get the time?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

robbie99 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by SniffPetrol
    There was anger this week in one of those bland new-build houses with a criss-crossy brick driveway that all people who post photos of their cars on the internet seem to live in as a tedious car geek annoyingly overused the word ‘detail’.

Spip Misby, a 27-year-old IT consultant who lives with his mum and dad, has long been obsessed with ‘detailing’ his Audi A3 but sources close to the Misby household say his irritating habit of using a strangely meaningless word to describe what is essentially the act of washing and then polishing something has now reached unacceptable heights.

‘Frankly it was bad enough when he just crapped on about “detailing” his bloody car again,’ said his father, Jennifer. ‘But when he announced that he was going to reward his mother’s dinner-making efforts by “detailing” the dirty dishes that was the final straw’.

Spip’s sister, David, was quick to add to her father’s ire. ‘My brother seems to mistakenly believe that the word “detailing” is a synonym for “really cleaning something” . Except I’ve checked in the dictionary and as far as I can work out, “detailing” actually refers to small decorative features on a building, work of art or other object and in no way means spending all pissing weekend rubbing a sponge and some cloths over your stupid twatting car’.

Spies in the Misby camp say that following the “detailing” of dirty pans and crockery, Spip retired to the bathroom to spend a typically suspicious amount of time in the shower, probably ‘detailing’ his cock.

LOL LOL!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

While it think its a little over the top you do have to admire the attention to detail. This especially caught my eye.
    <picture of filler cap>
    :eek::eek::eek: is that some DIRT I see around the edge of the filler cap :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Do you appreciate it, or just think he's plain crazy.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=81391

They must have got flooded with visitors cause its members only now!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Lol is it just be or did ye all sign up to read the thread? Is it worth signing up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,441 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lol is it just be or did ye all sign up to read the thread? Is it worth signing up?

LOL, I edited the OP as you were typing that. People should be warned! And to be frank, I did not bother registering on that site myself...

Advertisement