Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT daily disconnections around 1am

Options
  • 11-08-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

My broadband disconnects at exactly 1:15am every day.
    It reconnects a few moments later.

Just wondering what it is? BT servers rebooting or something? lol

Also, if I may;
    Despite having received a letter in the post 3 months ago informing me of free speed upgrades and how I will be getting one, I still havent got it yet. I'm on BT 3mb line at the moment.
    Anyone shed light on that in any way?

Thanks for reaading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Ok it turns out that Drogheda wont be getting upgrades untill POST SEPTEMBER.

Nice.... :(

Anyone able to answer my other question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Yep thats actually BT, they reset it once every 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

kk. Thanks a lot for the reply dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ulysses1

I actually suspect that's your DHCP lease time.

Under the Voyager's default setting it's set to 1 day 0hrs. In other words, your router is renewing your lease at this set time. You could try increasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Your router will automatically get a new ip every 24 hours with BT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ulysses1

Which is true as the DHCP lease expires after 24 hours. There is room to increase the lease time (I'm not sure of the maximum allowed) and it'll require you to keep your router and PC on continuously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

ulysses1 wrote: »
    Which is true as the DHCP lease expires after 24 hours. There is room to increase the lease time (I'm not sure of the maximum allowed) and it'll require you to keep your router and PC on continuously.

Not with BT AFAIK, Its BT who set the lease time, not your router

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I get the same thing anytime between 11 and 11.20 at night with Eircom, used to be always around 9 at night. Only notice it because if I'm playing any games online I get disconnected at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

I was getting the same thing, thought it was something along those lines, turned out the filter on the Sky box was broken... replaced it and it was fine. Do you have sky or a monitored alarm or anything along those lines?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Funny, just spotted I'm getting disconnected every night at 9pm on UTV Internet. Annoying that the 24hour disconnect woudl be during evening time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aktelmiele

ulysses1 wrote: »
    I actually suspect that's your DHCP lease time.

Under the Voyager's default setting it's set to 1 day 0hrs. In other words, your router is renewing your lease at this set time. You could try increasing it.

That is your internal IP Address that you are talking about eg 192.168.1.13 etc.

Your public IP address is controlled by, in this case, BT and cannot be changed.

It shouldnt really cause any issues, unless you are in the middle of an online game.

Anything else should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Should it say bt nightly :D

Advertisement