Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vivarium Background

Options
  • 11-08-2008 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, I am almost finished making my own viv, only realised that I will need a background when its done.
    A look around e bay and pet shop sites did not give me any great options, I dont mind if it is a photo background or 3d but any options for photos are all for fish tanks and look rubbish and 3d viv backgrounds are mad expensive.
    Anyone have any ideas on how to make/where to buy a cheapish rockey/deserty looking background for my viv?
    Any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have a desert background in all my desert vivs - or I use a coconut matting in the others - pm me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Caroline B

you can use expanding foam, the builders stuff, and coat with varnish.

you can use garden trellis, and twine plastic plants through.

you can find a nice picture, laminate it, and stick it in.

you can use cork tiles.

you can buy one of the many exo terra/jewel backgrounds (see Reptile Haven, Fishamble Street for selection!)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Hurley6969

Thanks for the ideas.

Advertisement